Droopy or Curling lower leaves

• Thread starter hashhu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hashhu

hashhu

On 2 of my plants, Ive noticed that today the bottom leaves are either curling, or drooping. Im brand new to this, so I have no idea why this is happening. I just moved them from solo cups to 1 gal pots 3 days ago. What is causing this? Is it a problem yet?

Droopy or curling lower leaves
Droopy or curling lower leaves 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok give us the grow history light indoors or outdoors medium nutes used help us help you to me it's over watering little to much N in the mix . Regards OD.

hashhu

hashhu

Indoors using 18/6 light cycle. Started these as seeds on April 9th. Into Solo cups April 22, and 1 gallon pots 3 days ago. Using Kryptonite soil...pics and details attached
20210527 185932
20210527 185954

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Are your plants in pots sitting in pots with run off in them ?

Ponky

Ponky

I would trim off those damaged lower leaves. What is your water like? Do you have really high hardness?

hashhu

hashhu

I would trim off those damaged lower leaves. What is your water like? Do you have really high hardness?
Im using store bought distilled water mixed with a trace of molasses. Trim off the ones that look like they are burnt, or the lower droopy ones on the plant on the left?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Im using store bought distilled water mixed with a trace of molasses. Trim off the ones that look like they are burnt, or the lower droopy ones on the plant on the left?
just leave the leafs there for now.
what/how do you do your watering?

Ponky

Ponky

Ahhh. Distilled water lacks everything. If you have tap water without lead issues use it. The molasses can be high in iron and Sulphur. So maybe slip it. I would get a bucket if tap water. An pop an aquarium pump in there for a day. Ph to 6.4 and water with nothing. Then later on when the plants are a bit bigger give them a one part feed. Distilled water is good for some things. But it may be hindering you. You might find the chemical analysis of your local water supply on line.

Now if you have to use RO or Distilled water I would use a 3 part. With Silica and cal mag. And whatever other supplements you might need.

hashhu

hashhu

just leave the leafs there for now.
what/how do you do your watering?
It was easy when they were in the solo cups...I waited till they felt light, then added about 2 ounces of water. When transferring to 1 gal pots, I watered solo cups with 2 ounces the transferred to 1 gal pots with out adding anymore water. That was May 23rd, I have only watered once since then...about 2 days ago, and added 4 oz/pot.

hashhu

hashhu

Ahhh. Distilled water lacks everything. If you have tap water without lead issues use it. The molasses can be high in iron and Sulphur. So maybe slip it. I would get a bucket if tap water. An pop an aquarium pump in there for a day. Ph to 6.4 and water with nothing. Then later on when the plants are a bit bigger give them a one part feed. Distilled water is good for some things. But it may be hindering you. You might find the chemical analysis of your local water supply on line.

Now if you have to use RO or Distilled water I would use a 3 part. With Silica and cal mag. And whatever other supplements you might need.
I was able to setup a rain barrel yesterday, and now have a decent supply of rainwater since it rained all day here. Not sure when to water again??? The whole plant is getting droopy as in the last photo I posted.

Ponky

Ponky

I was able to setup a rain barrel yesterday, and now have a decent supply of rainwater since it rained all day here. Not sure when to water again??? The whole plant is getting droopy as in the last photo I posted.
One of those cheap meters that you stick in the soil will help you water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soil is a bit high in nutes but plant will grow into it.

Over watered. Let it dry well between watering. This will explain how and why.

RO is ok as the soil contains nutrients although you should probably add 1/4-1/2 dose of cal mag to it.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Look at the taco's of your top leaves on your plants, which is usually caused by only a few reasons. Your lights look a little close for those young plants in 1 gallon pots in veg. I would raise your lights to reduce light stress on your your plants and find a watering/ feeding method that reduces how often you may be watering/ feeding them...they do look a little overwatered. If you do this I think it will help you.
…and, from what I remember about growing in this live soil medium, it suggests feeding from the bottom of the bucket with water and use occasional top dressings, especially later in flower, and teas to help it finish...ambitious of you on your first grow. Good luck.

hashhu

hashhu

Look at the taco's of your top leaves on your plants, which is usually caused by only a few reasons. Your lights look a little close for those young plants in 1 gallon pots in veg. I would raise your lights to reduce light stress on your your plants and find a watering/ feeding method that reduces how often you may be watering/ feeding them...they do look a little overwatered. If you do this I think it will help you.
…and, from what I remember about growing in this live soil medium, it suggests feeding from the bottom of the bucket with water and use occasional top dressings, especially later in flower, and teas to help it finish...ambitious of you on your first grow. Good luck.
Thanks! How high above the top of the plant would you have the light?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, thanks!
Missed the link I meant to post that explains watering practices and why.

hashhu

hashhu

They got 2 oz of water when in solo cups and only 4 oz of water after you transplanted into 1 gallon containers? They are severely under watered. The media should be saturated after transplant.
Damn, I suck at this. I read dont overwater at transplant. So much info and its confusing. I just want to save my plants. I figured that since I just watered them, and the root ball I pulled out was moist (prior to transplant), that I didnt need to water again.

Top Bottom