Droopy Plants, overwatering or underwatering or something else?

• Thread starter tinyfingerstinyfeet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

Heres a photo of what my plants looked like last night, this was after not watering for 3 days after they were having some issues that I thought were maybe because of overwatering, they're around a month old and have been in 5 gal pots there whole life (100% coco). When I saw they were like this last night, I watered them until runoff with 700ppm nute water + half strength CalMag, pH'd to 5.9, and they seem to have perked up a bit, but still freaking out a little haha, maybe over nothing... Temps are almost always between 18 and 23 celsius. I used to feed them only a couple of rings of water around the pot everyday because I knew the risks of overwatering with a seedling in a big pot, but I still think I may have ended up overwatering them haha. This is my first grow. After watering them till runoff last night they look a little better this morning, but I'm not sure if I should water them today till run-off again and just do that daily, or if I should let them dry out a bit? There is so much conflicting information on the internet it's hard to know what will work haha.

They are usually fed around 700pm nutes + CalMag, pH always between 5.7 and 6.2
Temps always between 18 and 23 celsius.
RH around 70%, can lower or increase if needed.

They're under a 480W 3000K Quantum Board, about 24" away, it's dimmed to 50%

4X4 tent

100% coco

Any help would be appreciated.

YESTERDAY, THEN FED TILL RUNOFF
Droopy plants overwatering or underwatering or something else

TODAY
Droopy plants overwatering or underwatering or something else 2

teejacks

teejacks

plant looks better today after watering. always feel the weight of the pots after you fill and when they should be dry. thats essentially the only indicator i will use for water. normal to water every 3-4 days for now maybe but when it grows that will decrease. im not a coco grower but i believe the same principles should apply. slowly working up in size from something like a dixie cup with lots of holes and added perlite i think will help seedlings get off to a faster more efficient start. GL šŸ‘

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Underwatering. Coco does not like to dry out. It will develop new roots and a nice rhizomes on the new roots but when you let the roots dry out the rhizome (tiny hairs surrounding roots) dried out and died. Don't let it dry out. Feed it at 5.5 pH, no more then 200 ppm 0 - 12" and 400PPM 12" - 24" During veg and 400PPM - 600PPM throughout flower. Less is more for your nutrients.

Since in coco you will need to add extra cal-mag so add that at 2ml per gallon during most feeds.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom