Dropping Co2 And Lowering Night Temperatures

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

Does anyone else here cut co2 down to ambient and drop temperatures 10 degrees at night once the stretch period is over? I've been maintaining 1000ppm co2 and 81 degrees at night and day. Ive read maintaining same temperatures day and night reduces stretch. That period seems to be over in my plants as they've stopped growing. Any thoughts?

F

FooDoo

youre doing very well! stay the course. if you could get nighttime co2 lower to the ~500 ppm level than that would be even more ideal. however, i wouldn't jump thru hoops trying to accomplish that if your situation makes it an issue.

StandingRock

StandingRock

youre doing very well! stay the course. if you could get nighttime co2 lower to the ~500 ppm level than that would be even more ideal. however, i wouldn't jump thru hoops trying to accomplish that if your situation makes it an issue.
Yeah it can be an issue since ambient in my house is 700. I have a timer set to cut co2 an hour before lights out so I'm hoping that will bring levels in the room down low. I hope that's okay.

S

scarecrow

Does anyone else here cut co2 down to ambient and drop temperatures 10 degrees at night once the stretch period is over? I've been maintaining 1000ppm co2 and 81 degrees at night and day. Ive read maintaining same temperatures day and night reduces stretch. That period seems to be over in my plants as they've stopped growing. Any thoughts?
I dont understand what you mean by 1000 ppm co2 day and night. So your co2 is running during the plants dark cycle?

StandingRock

StandingRock

I dont understand what you mean by 1000 ppm co2 day and night. So your co2 is running during the plants dark cycle?
My mistake I've always cut co2 to ambient at night. What I meant was cutting co2 to ambient during the day.

R

rascali

LOL, how can you expect an answer, if you can't even form a question?

(and just cause I'm here, either way it was a looney ?)

S

scarecrow

My mistake I've always cut co2 to ambient at night. What I meant was cutting co2 to ambient during the day.
Im having good luck cutting co2 ppm down to ambients with around 14 days till chop and because I'm enriching with a LPG burner it does take the temp down a bit. Not 10 degrees though. Hope this helps. Again its just what I'm having luck doing, many ways to garden!!!!

StandingRock

StandingRock

Im having good luck cutting co2 ppm down to ambients with around 14 days till chop and because I'm enriching with a LPG burner it does take the temp down a bit. Not 10 degrees though. Hope this helps. Again its just what I'm having luck doing, many ways to garden!!!!
I've read some people never cut co2. Like you said there's many ways to garden, just curious what others are doing. Thanks!

Smerb

Smerb

Growers using Exhale bags wouldn't remove the bag at night. That's something to think about.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 1000ppm from flip to 2 weeks before chop. I drop to 500ppm last 2 weeks. Helps the buds ripen up. I've ran 1000ppm to finish and the bud smell wasn't really there.

P

Pimples

Co2 and ethylene compete with each other. Co2 usually being the winner. Its smart to shut her down the last 10 to 14 days and let the ethylene gas...which is the ripening gas...do its thing. That is...if you want to harvest on time. Co2 ime late in flower delays ripening big time compared to shutting her off.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Co2 and ethylene compete with each other. Co2 usually being the winner. Its smart to shut her down the last 10 to 14 days and let the ethylene gas...which is the ripening gas...do its thing. That is...if you want to harvest on time. Co2 ime late in flower delays ripening big time compared to shutting her off.
I've read the same. Just trying to figure out when to cut it. Trial and error I guess!

P

Pimples

My gastrointestinal disorder creates more co2 than those bags.
I think they are a joke myself. Maybe for small tents...if that. No way to control them. And with carbon dioxide. ...believe me..you want total control over amounts and at what times to be really effective. Before the advent and popularity of sealed grow rooms and real ppm controllers (instead of timers) ...90% of growers wasted co2 they bought and paid for. Many still waste it.

P

Pimples

Iam suprised no one has came out with an affordable hobby type digital ethylene gas monitor for us dope growers. In the high tech commercial greenhouses these are common but expensive. Used to monitor the ripeness of fruit and vegetables. These could come in handy with a vigilant eye... a trusty microscope and a calendar with all the varieties these days.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Iam suprised no one has came out with an affordable hobby type digital ethylene gas monitor for us dope growers. In the high tech commercial greenhouses these are common but expensive. Used to monitor the ripeness of fruit and vegetables. These could come in handy with a vigilant eye... a trusty microscope and a calendar with all the varieties these days.

Certain varieties of flowers are very ethylene sensitive and some greenhouses use them for detection as well. I think carnations is one of them.

Smerb

Smerb

When you grow shrooms you know these bags work. That's all I have to say about that. Forrest Gump kinda shit.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use Exhale bags in my clone room only. Do they work, we'll my meter says 390ppm w/o it. And as high as 430ppm with a bag. I had a spare meter for a bit.

Top Bottom