Dropping Coco Plants After Transplanted And Light Intensity Bumped Up

• Thread starter Sgt.Sativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

Hey any suggestions would help I just transplanted my room yesterday morning they looked great until this morning. They are not over watered since they were drying up this morning looks like too much light to me? Temps are sitting at 77F and humidity is at 30% here is when they were first transplanted and the second is what I woke up to this morning.

Dropping coco plants after transplanted and light intensity bumped up
Dropping coco plants after transplanted and light intensity bumped up 2
Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

Any help would be greatly appreciated just want some reassurance!

Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

Just turned a few lights off and turned the digital ballast to 50% a few hours ago

Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

So let them bounce back for a few days then slowly raise? Never had the Chem-4 do this to me..

embaks

embaks

It could just be geneitcs.. All your shits where it needs to be that's what I would do. Let them perk up then raise the light 2-5% aday. Depending on how they react

Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

Ok thank you. Think I should give them a longer break than 6 hours?

embaks

embaks

I wouldn't. I'm on an 18/6 only because of my led light but. The more light is the better usually. But you should let them rest 2-6 hours a night

embaks

embaks

Some people leave the lights on 24 hrs, to each there own I guess

Sgt.Sativa

Sgt.Sativa

Ok I started them under 50% with a 1000w then after they were potted out them under full 1000w. Just got me weirded out this morning

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey any suggestions would help I just transplanted my room yesterday morning they looked great until this morning. They are not over watered since they were drying up this morning looks like too much light to me? Temps are sitting at 77F and humidity is at 30% here is when they were first transplanted and the second is what I woke up to this morning.
Is this your first run in coir, and what were they transplanted from?

If this is your first run in coir, my own advice is to never let it dry out. It can build up salts super-fast, and it can suck the life juices right out of a girl right quick.

embaks

embaks

Is this your first run in coir, and what were they transplanted from?

If this is your first run in coir, my own advice is to never let it dry out. It can build up salts super-fast, and it can suck the life juices right out of a girl right quick.
I dont think it's a water issue, he said he watered them morning he posted. Unless the 100% light intensity dried the shit out of the soil

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, he's in coir and coir can dry out quickly, especially with plants of that size. I personally have never seen light cause that kind of droop. It's usually temperature or rhizosphere related.

Coir is a rather different beast than soil IME.

embaks

embaks

WhOTE="Sgt.Sativa, post: 1596219, member: 45096"]Ok I started them under 50% with a 1000w then after they were potted out them under full 1000w. Just got me weirded out this morning[/QUOTE]
What are you feeding them how often? Are you in flower or veg?? I'm pretty sure your still in veg. How is the drainage on your pots?

embaks

embaks

Well, he's in coir and coir can dry out quickly, especially with plants of that size. I personally have never seen light cause that kind of droop. It's usually temperature or rhizosphere related.

Coir is a rather different beast than soil IME.
That's what I heard coir > soil. I don't have any xp in coir. Just hydro and soil. How long ago did you trasplant?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I won't necessarily say coir is better than soil, it's different, and it's FASTER. Everything happens fast in coir, so you've got to be ready to act.

embaks

embaks

Noone was helping him out when I saw his post. I was just tossing what little info I can give to see if it helped. Check your pH / ppm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I'm only on the site for a certain period each day. If I'm sick or busy, I don't check in. But that's what's so great about forums like the farm, there's usually someone ready and willing to just try to help. :)

embaks

embaks

Yeah, I'm only on the site for a certain period each day. If I'm sick or busy, I don't check in. But that's what's so great about forums like the farm, there's usually someone ready and willing to just try to help. :)
Im literally on here all day browsing just to see if there is something I can help with. I love this site. Its so informational. But then you have the people who abuse it. Its always nice to meet new growers and learn about the plant that almost everyone loves. Regardless of the restrictions.. Nh sucks atm

Top Bottom