Drug Enforcement Checkpoint on I-25, can anyone corroborate?

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

Disclaimer: This was posted on a site by our local mmj scammer Tim Tipton, but I am curious to see if anyone else saw it. Think it was last night.

As I drove south on I-25 tonight about 11:30pm MST just north of 144th Exit North of Denver, I noticed an electronic sign stating, "DRUG ENFORCEMENT CHECKPOINT AHEAD (Canines in Use)" and just south of the exit noticed a police car (dark lights off no one in area), and a number of cones just off the right side of the road.

Is there anyway to look this up at all? I am wondering what agency operates in that area.

opt1c

opt1c

They try to get you to pull off at the next off ramp before the "inspection" up the road and jump on you there; just keep driving straight if you ever see one of those signs

I

IronLung D9

huh? this is legal? ive lived here 20+ years and never seen this go down

J

Jimson

I saw the same sign in Iowa (western border headed east) traveling "over the river and thru the woods" to my mid-western relatives (This was in December). I remember a tan non-electronic road-sign.

I had a bad 20-30 miles before I realized that no regular cops would be working at night in really ugly winter conditions. I rarely smoke in the car but I had taken a couple hits a few hours earlier to take a nap.

The sign worked on me! - my car was super-clean on the return trip. I assume a trained dog will be able to know where it WAS but I assume that isn't enough to do more than put some kind of alert on my driving record.

Does anyone know whether we HAVE to submit to random search on the interstate?

Does anyone know if the states are doing this? Or is the lazy DEA again?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
alot of people pull over at rest stops to roll thier joints and smoke them if they are dirty. but they fail to clean there hands and the oil gets on the door handles and the dog hits on that from outside

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
They try to get you to pull off at the next off ramp before the "inspection" up the road and jump on you there; just keep driving straight if you ever see one of those signs

saw one when I was driving from cali to oregon

Im legal so i didnt sweat shit and kept on going

when I went past the next exit you could see some cops posted up there

sure enough there was no checkpoint up ahead - nothing

it was right before an exit that was in the middle of nowhere as well

altimood

altimood

Man. I was at work today and a neighbor told me his friend got popped on I-25 in Adams county last night with Hash oils and related items. He actually had to go get dude's dog from jail and found out he was being held on $500,000.00 bail. Roll legit in Colorado. I-25 is, after all a major vein used by many a trafficker. Damn son, that is crazy. Probably was a checkpoint.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I had this happen to me in 1997. I was driving through Tenessee heading to myrtle beach to party. Me, my brother, and two friends had some purple kush, an ounce of mushrooms and a bunch of paraphenilia. We were on i40 and saw the same type of sign. "Drug/DUI checkpoint in 1/4 mile. We pulled over on the next exit to dump our gear. That is exactly where the checkpoint was. Needless to say after 5 days in jail over a hoiliday weekend we finally saw the magistrate and were released on bond. I was facing 8-12 years for possesion of a schedule 1 with intent to resell. After about 10k and time served i got put on 2 years probation and deffered judgement. About a year after my arrest the entire drug shakedown that we were caught in was brought to the supreme court and ruled unconstitutional. Full on entrapment.

So i was surprised when i saw this same type of setup last night while driving down i25 with about 100 cuttings on my passenger seat.
I was shaking when i saw that shit.
Never stop when you see one of those signs!!! Take it from me!!!

C

cuahitl

City of Indianapolis v. Edmond, 531 U. S. 32 (2000), the Supreme Court of the United States held that drug checkpoints were unconstitutional. Therefore illegal.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
they do this shit on the i-5 corridor up north out of shasta county in mt gate, no sighns just the goon squad in murda out tahoes

I

ibTheMan

When i was young(about 15 years ago) i was on vacation with Pops and there is them signs, Drug inspection ahead signs, well i was young and scared so i was like dad get off at this exit so we can hide the weed, well if you get off at the exit right after the sign you get stoped, he said"nope where stayn on the highway" he was right there was nothing, but if we would have got off, we would have been searched.

K

kolah

totally unconstitutuional. They have no probale cause therefore they can not make you pull over and be interogated by them. The Police States are upon us ...if we don't stand up against their shit. NO one needs to be under arrest to exericse your 5th amendment right to remain silent.

C

canaguy27

So i was surprised when i saw this same type of setup last night while driving down i25 with about 100 cuttings on my passenger seat.

So we have a confirmation? I have seen a sign like this out on I-70 in Kansas. Same shit; next exit to nowhere had cops on it.

darkmatter

darkmatter

iv seen them on i-95 in the late nineties and would read in the paper about the unlucky.they would set up on a random exit ,the sign before the exit would say "drug checkpoint ahead be prepaired to stop" they had a mobile court bus\fuck city, someone even said they had people watching from in the woods to see how cars react.we would blaze on by, once on the way back i saw where someone had chunked a nice size pink brick of something in the middle median just before the exit, the dudes i was with were like "holy shit theirs a kilo", i think with a tad bit of balls you could of pulled over and snaged that jewel and rode out, i would bet someone eventually did

Onespark

Onespark

once on the way back i saw where someone had chunked a nice size pink brick of something in the middle median just before the exit, the dudes i was with were like "holy shit theirs a kilo", i think with a tad bit of balls you could of pulled over and snaged that jewel and rode out, i would bet someone eventually did

That's crazy. I bet Jon Law put it there waiting for some moron to pick it up so they would have another nice case for the DA.

darkmatter

darkmatter

That's crazy. I bet Jon Law put it there waiting for some moron to pick it up so they would have another nice case for the DA.

maybe,the stop always was north, saw them posted on the down ramp too waiting for something sketchy ,never saw one coming back, didnt see any cars waiting on the south side of the road either, and its always moving,you would have definitely been shineing if you tried it,a gps would suck,never saw them busting anything big in the paper ,maybe some new york folks sometimes, but mainly it was just people vacationing somewhere, that fucked up, with a little party pack.off course they took what ever,but they were mainly looking powder, and i think that goes anywhere really.stay out of the circus

E

EuDiesel

It is illegal for them to have a drug checkpoint but is not illegal for them to pull you over for suspicion for avoiding a drug checkpoint (ironic, eh?).

Apparently they pulled one of these off recently back in home (Drug and Gun Checkpoint) which resulted in a high-speed chase and fatal crash.

And as far as I know, even DUI Checkpoints need to be published in the newspaper the day of.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres the deal. Theyre not allowed to stop traffic on an interstate highway for a checkpoint like that. So itll either be on the exit ramp or they are operating an illegal checkpoint

C

cb303

adams county sheriffs and our good buddies with the metro task force got a new lil puppy and they are flexing there lil muscles thats it . keep your red card on you and don't drive high you know they will be out this weekend to . hand em your red card and a lawyers business card and watch how attitudes change its kind of funny when it goes from damn pot head to sir all of a sudden

Top Bottom