Drugs warning over cannabis laced with crack cocaine

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

POLICE in Leeds issued a warning about drugs dealers who are selling small amounts of cannabis laced with crack cocaine.

The £5 deals are known as Mach 5s and the crack cocaine sprinkled on them makes them more addictive and dangerous to users.

Police believe a number of people who buy cannabis are unaware of crack cocaine being mixed into amounts of the class C drug.

Crack cocaine is an addictive class A drug and police are asking people to be on the alert and be aware of the symptoms associated with early crack cocaine use.

These can include extremes of behaviour often marked by increasing anxiety and paranoia. Users may also experience a high temperature and loss of appetite.

Insp Andrew Briggs said: "We have become aware that dealers are trying to introduce cannabis users to harder drugs by lacing small amounts of cannabis with crack cocaine.

"Using any drugs obviously poses a risk to health, but the practice of introducing a highly addictive class A drug to people under the pretext of dealing a small amount of cannabis is an extremely dangerous precedent.

"There is no quality control when using illegal drugs and the bottom line is that people are never truly aware of what is contained in any drugs they are taking.

"We are following a number of leads regarding the so-called Mach 5s, but I would appeal to anyone who believes they may have been affected to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."

Source:

Crack ganja
B

BITYmagicBeanz

thats crazy. why would they do that? the gear is already sprayed with sand or flower thena bit of cocaine, what a waste of weed and coke.if someone spiked my weed with that shit. they woudnt be happy. lol. ive never done that. just weed.

S

Salty

What a bunch of propaganda BS!!! What happens is someone was stopped with what's called a "coco puff" The cops now have a headline that will not only sell but is guaranteed to help increase law enforcement funding to help fight this fantasy "plague"

Same crap, different day.

F

FastForward

I remember there being talk of hash being laced with heroin when I was in my late teens, back in the day....I don't think it's new...but it is stupid....

S

Swiffy80

I think that sort of shit does go on ive smoked some before a few years ago now i dont score off 'the street'...... dirty bastards

A

Arti.chokes

"There is no quality control when using illegal drugs and the bottom line is that people are never truly aware of what is contained in any drugs they are taking.
Oh my, what does the Inspector think might solve this problem?.:wondering

T

ToolFanMael

lol acting as if theres something in it for the dealers to ADD a much more expensive drug to a gram of weed?? for personal use yah.. but to sell and have someone not know? gimme a break... thumbs down on the propaganda BS, no offence to the OP.

F

FastForward

The only thing I can think of is "more" value....like an intro to crack....they keep coming back for more, and at a fiver it's too do-able.

It's still bad. Adulteration of MJ with anything is wrong, but especially things like class A....the whole point is the MJ isn't anywhere near the same league as coke and combining the two brings MJ into the evil world of class A drugs.... imho :)

A

Attis

I can't imagine a dealer spending their own money to just give away crack. I mean, I'm sure it happens, but why is beyond me. It must really suck to have to score weed on the streets from randoms like that. Thank God for Prop 215 :rock

D

DND

This is exactly why I don't buy stuff from the streets, it does happen and I can attest to it first hand. Since that time I haven't smoked anything I haven't grown myself.

Top Bottom