Dry Kool Bloom all the way through flower???

• Thread starter Zigzagzak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zigzagzak

I know that genhydro says to use the liquid KB for the first few weeks and then finish off with the powder KB. Does anyone just use a lower dosage of the dry KB all the way through flower, with good results?

They say the liquid KB has vitamins and steroids to help the plants uptake the extra PK nutes without stressing the plants too much. Will my Liqiunox B1 subtitute as the lube if I use a half dose of dry KB instead of the liquid?

It also says that the powder KB is for ripening, does that mean if I add it in the first few weeks my crop will fully mature way early.

Also what is the max amount of KB, tsp wise, some of you have used with out getting nute burn? And how much did you cut back on your base nutes. I'm using the lucas formula + B1 for my base.

Please give me your opinions. And any knowledge on the subject.
Much thanks

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i always use it by weight, 1.5 grams per gallon if i recall, also i am curious about using it all the way threw, right now i just use it the last 3 weeks of flower.

K

kushtrees

liquid and powder KB are very different. Just look at the NPK
liquid is 0-10-10 and powder has way more P than that, dont know the ratio off the top of my head. I dont see why you couldnt do that, but you dont really want to give your plants that much P until late flower.

I was even told by a GH rep at my hydo store one day that liquid has stress reducers, while the powder is actually made to stress the plants to force a last bit of flowering for wieght

If it was me id just get both

Z

Zigzagzak

Yeah I know the NPK is way different and the powder has a super high P. I'm pretty sure the high level of P is what stresses the plants. Your P and K values are supposed the be balanced right? So won't that powder kool bloom throw that balance way off.

I should just go buy the liquid KB, I can afford it and it probably works miracles. But I'm a jew and just feel like there trying to sell me the same thing twice. You Know

All the other bloom booster out there you use all the way through flowering, so whats so special about the dry KB that it can only be used for the last 3 weeks?

If anyone reads this and has tried using the powder at reduced rates through the beginning weeks of flowering please let me know how it went.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

The kool bloom dry is geared to put your plants in overdrive during the last weeks of flowering an should not be used all the way threw, they put those usage times on there for a reason... Az

P

Pockets

liquid and powder KB are very different. Just look at the NPK
liquid is 0-10-10 and powder has way more P than that, dont know the ratio off the top of my head. I dont see why you couldnt do that, but you dont really want to give your plants that much P until late flower.

I was even told by a GH rep at my hydo store one day that liquid has stress reducers, while the powder is actually made to stress the plants to force a last bit of flowering for wieght

If it was me id just get both

This is correct a gh will tell you. Yet, I wouldn't recommend using on a hermi prone plant.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
liquid cool bloom is a waste of money if your using the gh 3 part - just bump up the bloom by a few ml/gal

dry kool bloom is only for that final push -but its not the best booster out there IMO - MOAB is much better and it doesnt effect the quality of the final product like dry kool bloom

Z

Zigzagzak

I don't understand why dry Kool Bloom is the only Bloom Booster that you can only use the last 2 weeks. Whats the special ingredient that makes it only good for those 2 weeks?

How does Kool Bloom effect the final product, besides making it fatter? What is MOAB?

I hear you on the just bump up the Flora Bloom. Whats the max ml/gal you've added without problems?
I use 8ml of Micro and 16ml FloraBloom

Rushoe

Rushoe

That powder is ok I guess it can be used in the first week of flower to send the plants in a faster flowering signal or something kinda like that I do that with the big up powder 1st time using it seem to work well I got white hairs popping out the next day I noticed a difference for sure I will be using it again at week 6 and 7 then flush week 8 and 9......When using that powder your gonna wanna cut you base nute in half for sure and motherload said it right kool bloom liquid sucks try something else bro .....Good Luck.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I don't understand why dry Kool Bloom is the only Bloom Booster that you can only use the last 2 weeks. Whats the special ingredient that makes it only good for those 2 weeks?

How does Kool Bloom effect the final product, besides making it fatter? What is MOAB?

I hear you on the just bump up the Flora Bloom. Whats the max ml/gal you've added without problems?

dry kool bloom is not the ONLY product you use in those last weeks - moab - shooting powder - hammerhead etc - every nutrient line has a finish booster

I dont personally like kool bloom powder - I think it makes your weed harsh and maybe less cyrstal - just my observations as a long time GH guy

moab is the same type of booster as kool bloom pwder

Id say 16 is pretty high - but some plants may love it

also depends on what your medium - system etc etc blahblahblah

K

kushtrees

Lucas Formula was designed to use without bloom boosters so if you do add kool bloom watch ur ec

G

grnmountainboy

if you are going to do that i would use 1/4 strength. also liquid kb is meant to help with oil production, and dry kb is formulated more for bud swelling during the ripening stage

j wizzle

j wizzle

use hammerhead/MOAB instead of the kool bloom. hammerhead throughout, MOAB last 2 weeks with base nutes at 50%... you will love the end results.

i use lucas, and have used it for over 2 years now. its like this

lucas<lucas + cal mag< lucas + cal mag + kool bloom (both)< lucas + calmag & hammerhead/MOAB

thats how i have evolved over the years and my buds get better and better. maybe its just my experience, but im sure other will agree with me.

and to answer the thread question...i think you will stress your plants with only the powder kool bloom. watch out for herms if you try this...

Z

Zigzagzak

JW I don't want to use just kool bloom, I want to use it with the lucas formula. My question is if I can use just the dry KB all the way through flower and skip getting the liquid Kool Bloom.

It doesnt make any sence to me how it can only be used during the last couple of weeks. Why can't I just water it down and use for the first few weeks too?

I have been using the lucas formula for over a year, with great results. I've used KoolBloom my last two harvests. Like you said they just keep looking better everytime. I choose the lucas formula because I love the simplicity. Adding multiple different additives at different weeks, kills the simplicity.

and I think that all that micro you add makes adding calmag overkill.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you dont need the liquid KB as I said

if you use dry KB all the way through your gonna fuck shit up

if using it as directed is too complicated then maybe this isnt the hobby for you

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

why ask for advice then tell us were wrong, you think your the first person to want to try this, its not benifical period.... Az

j wizzle

j wizzle

JW I don't want to use just kool bloom, I want to use it with the lucas formula. My question is if I can use just the dry KB all the way through flower and skip getting the liquid Kool Bloom.

It doesnt make any sence to me how it can only be used during the last couple of weeks. Why can't I just water it down and use for the first few weeks too?

I have been using the lucas formula for over a year, with great results. I've used KoolBloom my last two harvests. Like you said they just keep looking better everytime. I choose the lucas formula because I love the simplicity. Adding multiple different additives at different weeks, kills the simplicity.

and I think that all that micro you add makes adding calmag overkill.

no offense here, but i grow some dank....if my plants need cal-mag, i give it to them. im not the one here asking how to use a simple bloom booster....

i never thought you were asking to use just dry kool bloom, i know exactly what youre asking, and im giving you a solid answer in return.

adding multiple different additives allows you to give the plant a full range of the nutrients the plants need at different stages of life. my formula is as simple as it gets really.... i have a/b + cal mag and add bloom boosters....simplest formula you will find on this site other than straight lucas.

you dont feed a baby a fat t-bone steak do you? you dont feed an adult mashed up bananas.....different stages require diffent nutes and ppm levels.

ill tell you what, you can ignore us...then in 2 months, when you have hermie problems from all the stress caused from the powder kool bloom, maybe you will understand.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

im almost out of liquid KB too, whats a good bloom booster to use all thru flower? i was eyein those yellow bottles. Phat & Ooze. pricey tho.

M

mrdizzle

if you use powder from week 2 on you will get giant buds that weight nothing and have minimal crystals, causes the plant to veg flowers instead of bloom flowers

j wizzle

j wizzle

im almost out of liquid KB too, whats a good bloom booster to use all thru flower? i was eyein those yellow bottles. Phat & Ooze. pricey tho.

hammerhead....hit with moab final 2 weeks and lower the strength to 1/2 base nutes including hammerhead

Top Bottom