Dry Koolbloom

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I'm starting to re-appreciate Koolbloom. The most rocking crop I ever grew was filled out on nothing but liquid Koolbloom but I see that for the last week or so the dry type is supposed to be the stuff to use.

Who has used it and how did you think it performed?

I hate to say this but the liquid koolbloom is outperforming any crop I ever ran with Top Booster and Shooting Powder by H&G. I have run more than a few all H&G crops and I think their basic nutes (Aquaflakes in my case) and algen extract and roots excelurator are awesome products but for a finish they seem to not perform as well as a product that costs a fraction of what they charge for their flowering stuff.

It's almost my last week on a test crop and I'll probably spend the whole $30 or whatever a KILO of dry koolbloom costs and see how it works. I'll be into the whole thing $60 for a GALLON of liquid plus the $30 for the dry and I'll have a year's worth of the dry left and some of the liquid. To run Shooting Powder in the same crop it would be well over $200 and every sachet would be used up.

Rushoe

Rushoe

that kool bloom is ok I guess lots of people don't like and some do I didn't really care for it to much I saw way better results coming from others products like the mother of all bloom and hammer head combo never ran them my self but I buddy of mine runs it and has great results right now I am trying out the hombult big up powder its not as strong as the others so I might just use the rest of it and buy something else cuz you gotta use more of there powder so maybe I would save some cash by buying some monster bloom or something like that.good luck

G

grnmountainboy

i love liquid and dry koolbloom, i have used a bunch of other stuff and have never found anything that works this well. the dry koolbloom in the last week i think might be for a little extra swelling, i dont think it affects flavor/scent all that much. the smaller buds on the lower branches are noticebly larger when i use the dry during the last week instead of liquid all the way through. also i think the dry is a little easier to flush out also.

S

steelyeyes

Thanks for the info. My buddy that grows in soil uses Big Up and it does well for him. He also uses Gravity and the results seem pretty good although most times my stuff kicks his stuff's ass and we grow the same strains. We got our clones from each other. We're growing The Purps, Headband, and Woody Kush although this is my last try at making the Woody Kush work out. It comes out fluffy and not that impressive. I checked out some they had at the dispensary in town and it looks just like the stuff I got last time so that tells me something.

S

steelyeyes

Turns out the stuff at the dispensary was my buddy's stuff. Go figure.

Anyway I'm having very favorable results on the liquid and just switched to the dry this week. I'm doing better than most of my runs with shooting powder, top booster, and bux xl just on the koolbloom alone on top of basic nutes. Far less $$$ and more bang. Gotta like that...:)

N

noone88

Rumor is that GH is going to phase out koolbloom and replace it with their own version of Atami's Bloomblastic.

green punk

green punk

^^^^^^

That would be interesting. But if it costs anywhere near as much as Bloombastic, I wouldn't buy it. The Bloombastic is a solid product but I don't think its worth 200 for a qt. I would be really surprised if general would phaseout/eliminate a product. Most likely ad a new bloom booster and give it to Sunlight to get it to the masses.

my .02

S

steelyeyes

If it gets to be a more solid rumor I'll buy and hoard the stuff. At $60 a gallon for liquid and $30 a kilo for dry I can get a few years worth for not much money at all. I'm at day 55 and my plants are pushing out more calyxs' and pistils are all nice and white. It's like the buds are adding another outer layer and they're almost hard enough to drive nails. I'm really happy with the results....and that's on plants that had some bad root rot crop up in week four of flower too. Even a couple of the strain that has been crappy and fluffy before has a couple that are actually firm and decent. I'm still not going to grow that one any more though.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Hey,Steel. I have been using maxxi from the 1. I have been using maxi grow in veg. Maxi bloom in flower and kool bloom dry. The first time with the kool I followed the directions and gave it in weeks 5-6, flush 7-8. Not impressed. This run I gave them a blast when they went to 12/12 and blast at week 4 and 6 as per advice from the farmers. I like.
Also according to the consensus on the farm maxi grow is not the right stuff but maxi bloom is good for the whole run. I will be re upping my supply soon so I'm getting the 16# bucket. It's about 80$. I'm also looking at jr peters stuff as it's way cheaper than the "hobby nutes". I am an AN hater.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Keep in mind that most of these folks running different bloom boosters didn't keep the kind of records to prove one is better that the other. They are all the same salts. Almost all anyways. mono-potassium phosphate. Don't be fooled by the high priced bs folks. I along with some other growers on this and other sites are beginning to see P is not very important for a bloom cycle, and it is more than likely that K is the big bloom booster. I have and still do use Kool bloom on a rare occasion, onset and ripening. What I will comment on is the fact that the dry does seem to help a bit with the flavor a tad. It also means all the excess P left over needs to be flushed.

Peace

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I've only used kool bloom dry and liquid as boosters. Both are great, but the dry can easily burn the plants, though it makes the calyxes swell nicely. Don't go over a gram per gallon. I'd be apprehensive to use the dry if you have a strain that tends to hermie.

Top Bottom