Dry room conditions

• Thread starter Phifer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phifer420

Phifer420

I'm a new grower and its time to harvest. I wet trimmed some of the leaves off my plants. My question is my humidty is between 45-50 during each part of the day and my temp is a steady 77. Is that ok? I hung them up in my grow tent in the dark. Not sure what is a good temp. Please help.

Madbud

Madbud

I have nearly the same problem, low humidity but a little cooler, 70ish. Overdried sucks and at 45% humidity it can happen overnight after just a couple days. Rather than risk ruining the smoke overdrying, i cure a little early and burp more frequently for the first week.

HipsterDoodus

HipsterDoodus

High temps, low humidity - dries out fast. Stay on top of it. Be ready to trim and jar. Preferred temp and humidity are 70 F and 62 %. See video by Derek Gilman on Green Flower You Tube channel.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I have nearly the same problem, low humidity but a little cooler, 70ish. Overdried sucks and at 45% humidity it can happen overnight after just a couple days. Rather than risk ruining the smoke overdrying, i cure a little early and burp more frequently for the first week.
Basically you don't want to risk over drying, if you missed starting the cure before 60% then you've missed it all together imo.

My last harvest was 29 days ago today. I use a trim bowl and dry on nets. Harvested on Monday dried on the nets until Saturday (5 days fairly dence buds) put in the cvault on day 6 at about 70% humidity which rose to maybe 72, 73 during that first day. 3 weeks of burping and curing and today everything is steady at 63%.

Top Bottom