Dry Room Size For Large Crop

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

need to built a new dry room and im having trouble figuring out the best way to build the room.. im going to be hanging branches, most likely on rope but i wont be hanging whole plants because the whole plant are too big, so ill most likely be hanging branches from plants, so they will be like small plants, i wont dry them single branch.. im guessing it will be about 27 plants and i think ill average about 1.5-2# per plant dry, idk how much that is in wet since this is my first crop, any help works.. im thinking of doing a long room like 8x40 and have the entrance on 1 side of the room and work myself out of the room as i hang up rows of string and walk out the dry room backwards.. what do you guys think?

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Use plastic hangers.. Wow 1 1/2-2 per plant. You will not need a room that big even with 50 lbs.

How many lights per plant are you running or is it out door.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
need to built a new dry room and im having trouble figuring out the best way to build the room.. im going to be hanging branches, most likely on rope but i wont be hanging whole plants because the whole plant are too big, so ill most likely be hanging branches from plants, so they will be like small plants, i wont dry them single branch.. im guessing it will be about 27 plants and i think ill average about 1.5-2# per plant dry, idk how much that is in wet since this is my first crop, any help works.. im thinking of doing a long room like 8x40 and have the entrance on 1 side of the room and work myself out of the room as i hang up rows of string and walk out the dry room backwards.. what do you guys think?
We set up electrical conduit like a clothes rack, and hang the plants off of that. The area I have, or had, for drying is about 20'x20', give or take. I personally think that you'll be happier allowing yourself some space to work. If you can do an 8'x40', what about widening that up to 20'x40'? I think you'd really be talking at that point.

vangs

vangs

We set up electrical conduit like a clothes rack, and hang the plants off of that. The area I have, or had, for drying is about 20'x20', give or take. I personally think that you'll be happier allowing yourself some space to work. If you can do an 8'x40', what about widening that up to 20'x40'? I think you'd really be talking at that point.
cant go that big, but maybe 10x40

vangs

vangs

ill have a whole trimm station outside of the dry room where all the meds will be handled.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sounds sweet! It'll be climate controlled, too, yes?

vangs

vangs

Sounds sweet! It'll be climate controlled, too, yes?
yeah, i have a pair of plants drying now as a test. im keeping the room around 70s and humidity around 40-50% seems like the buds are taking a bit longer to dry, my buddy said its cuz the humidity is too high but i dont think thats the case. i dont like when the meds come out too dry..

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I try and keep dry room Temps at 68 degrees F and 55-60% humidity. 6-7 days hanging as a whole plant then buck it down into food grade containers to be trimmed. Then as I trim I cure with boveda packs in Turkey bags. Works perfect. Quick dry times seem to equal harsh meds for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like that RH range for drying, because I want drying to take a bit longer, up to 10 days if I can get it stretched out like that at all. I also like to get drying and curing temps as low as I possibly can, best results have come from plants dried and cured in the low-50s-mid-40s temp range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom