Dry Sift videos convo etc

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

So I’ve gotten into Dry Sifting lately pretty tuff. I’d like to make a thread maybe some will show interest. Discussion is welcome and encouraged. Share it if you got it.

This is a series of my Mentors videos. He’s recently started talking about his hand static method which was taugh to him by a friend and etc...the goal is to get more interest in dry sifting g and get others to join in the fun. Until now static tek has been slow and tedious. That in itself deters people. Sifting is a labor of love though.

Anyway here are a few videos. I may post more today and definitely if there’s interest I’ll get into it more too.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uIpF_u2JJjE?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/Yeznfl-jJfQ?feature=share

dextr0

dextr0

Start to finish
EA27B311 CC29 44D9 B83D 23F0812A8CF5
09533BE4 E4FA 4C4F AB70 1EE014CEFFD2

Texasdigger35

Texasdigger35

Screened 20g a week ago. Got 5g but didn't run the second screen.
20211002 140130

Rosined up half of that but came out very super green. Way more green than expected from color of sift. I will need to screen twice for sure.

Sgrocker

Sgrocker

Keep all screens clean of any chlorophyll using a brush and then iso. I've had almost pure heads still press green or brown from my mesh I sifted on actually being dirty. Always clean mesh now and always clean to oure heads now lol
Screened 20g a week ago. Got 5g but didn't run the second screen. View attachment 1180275
Rosined up half of that but came out very super green. Way more green than expected from color of sift. I will need to screen twice for sure.

dextr0

dextr0

Screened 20g a week ago. Got 5g but didn't run the second screen. View attachment 1180275

Keep all screens clean of any chlorophyll using a brush and then iso. I've had almost pure heads still press green or brown from my mesh I sifted on actually being dirty. Always clean mesh now and always clean to oure heads now lol

One of the first things @Sgrocker taught me was clean my screens. I’ll clean them thoroughly. I use like half a bottle of iso each time too. Even between each cleaning sometimes. You want those openings open if not the mesh can’t do it’s job. Also like your saying it will contaminate heads.

Dryer starting material is better. Cured too. 3 to 6 month cured then you sift in an optimal world. Working with wetter material taught me that I don’t ever want to do that again. Starter material should be dry at least. Not doing so leads to lots of cleaning of screens. I’m telling you seriously if done right cleaning your screens is the hardest part of sifting (besides getting prople to use their hands to sift faster lol)

At the least I would be using 3 screens. One to break down material (trim bin 150 micron or like I use my 61 lpi or 86 lpi)...and 2 to work your heads on (I use my 180 lpi and 230lpi).

Pics of the chlorophyll from sifting with wet material. Never again...And it takes a lot to clean I used a whole roll of paper towel that day 👎

03874920 C978 4BA9 B076 FD4362D4C065

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@GNick55 also made a video journal about dry sifting. Check it out, its very detailed

dextr0

dextr0

@GNick55 also made a video journal about dry sifting. Check it out, its very detailed
I’m a frequent poster in the thread. I made this one months ago and very little interest.
Just figured I post something here since I did make the thread and I don’t want to overload his thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom