Dry Trim Or Wet Trim ?????

• Thread starter Weedseed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

how do u trim wet or dry

• Total voters
epitome

epitome

Even better, try drying/ curing (whole plant or branches) then adding a bit/tiny bit of moisture (just enough not to create too much kief while trimming) right before trim then dry again like for a few hours then jar again...burp if necessary but probably not if the cure was thorough....when cure is thorough not too much moisture will draw back in flowers and not too much will dry back out quickly....in short well cured buds have low porosity ;^}

Natural

Natural

wet for a machine trim..dry by hand. The longer the buds stay attached to the plant as a whole the better the over-all texture. I don't even buck the fans anymore..just chop the plant and hang.

stutter

stutter

I must be getting old. I remember a time when everybody dry trimmed. Then for a while if you said you dry trimmed every body looked at you like you were simple and now it seems dry trimming is coming back around again

Weedseed420

Weedseed420

Well-Known Farmer
Supporter
I must be getting old. I remember a time when everybody dry trimmed. Then for a while if you said you dry trimmed every body looked at you like you were simple and now it seems dry trimming is coming back around again
lol yep iv done both an i prefer dry,,,,,,,,

LI grows

LI grows

Its WET for me. Seems a lot less tedious when the leaves are standing out.
I cut the plants into manageable size branches and use a large straight haircutting scissor.
Hang for 7 days in 55%-65% RH. after that into large stainless steel sealed pots with the stem on. Burped daily.
When the $$$ is ready stem comes off and put in ziplock bags and out the door it goes.

I was interested in a longer cure but, its hard to say no to a buyer. And people love it sticky. "Best Bud in NYC" i was told. :) and its because its fresh and never packed into jars or vac sealed.
Soil grown indoors Liberty Haze 63days bloom time. Good Shit.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Chop it and take off the fans and hang till its dry, then do the final trim and into jars with a boveda or two it goes.

I think wet can result in a better looking end product, as it dries and "tenses up" as I call it, it seems the little bits of leaves and what not that have been trimmed will pull back more than the calyx's; so in the bag it looks all calyx/bud compared to the dry trim where it can have a leafier appearance.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Chop it and take off the fans and hang till its dry, then do the final trim and into jars with a boveda or two it goes.

I think wet can result in a better looking end product, as it dries and "tenses up" as I call it, it seems the little bits of leaves and what not that have been trimmed will pull back more than the calyx's; so in the bag it looks all calyx/bud compared to the dry trim where it can have a leafier appearance.
I do my final trim dry but, I do pull all the large fans and any others that easily pull off before I hang it up to dry. With most of the stuff I grow it makes the final trim pretty quick and easy.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I've always trimmed wet, when I got started the people who showed me the ropes swore by it.
These days I run solo, as I learn and my yields increase I am edging towards going the dry route. The logic being I can chop, big leaf, and while its drying I can scrub down the room and get the next batch of teens in there.
Seems like a better management of time.

stutter

stutter

Wet definitely is better for bag appeal no doubt. The old heads like me who grow for perso. don't want the stress of having to wet trim the whole crop before it dries. I don't need that pressure lol.

Plus its nice when your buds cocoon themselves in leaves for the drying process and at smoke time you peel back the leaves like a banana skin to find perfectly dried and cured bud with all those crystals perfectly in tact protected by the leaves

Dunge

Dunge

How bout 'farm trim'.

I'm with xavier7995 but I like the way the small leafs hug the nug and I don't like trimming.
Pulling a few leaves when breaking up the nug for the grinder is all I do.

Here is the thing I want to mention:
Mylar bags!

Buy them on ebay by the dozen and they come with oxygen scrubber packs.
Buy yourself a "pulse sealer" and reduce glass jar use to a fraction.
Even the most stank buds will keep their sweet stink to themselves when sealed in a mylar bag.

Those Boveda 62 work for me.

Top Bottom