Dry trimming! First time.

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Ok this is my first try at trimming dry.

Removed all the yellow fan leaves and most of the green fans, cut at base and hung upside down in a dark room with temp at 75* and RH at 60.

Checked them tonight and found the fan leaves and other larger sugar leaves to be wet soggy and drooping around the bud.

Is this normal?

Camdawg

Camdawg

Take off all the fans leave anything with sugar let dry for a week or so till you can hear the stems snap. You don't want the buds too dry or you'll have a bad time if they're too wet its like trying to mow your lawn with scissors and you're gonna have a bad time.

when you trim bring bananas for the potassium to help hand cramps. ...or you'll have a bad time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok this is my first try at trimming dry.

Removed all the yellow fan leaves and most of the green fans, cut at base and hung upside down in a dark room with temp at 75* and RH at 60.

Checked them tonight and found the fan leaves and other larger sugar leaves to be wet soggy and drooping around the bud.

Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal until the plant is dry. If she's a particularly sticky girl, then 60% RH may not be low enough. I personally prefer to dry at lower temps and RH, curing is done in the 60%-65% range.

Let the fans curl around those buds--they'll slow down drying, which makes for a better product, and they also protect the buds. Drying should take a week to ten days.

In the meantime, get yourself some ARS grape scissors, the black steel curved blades, and you won't have to worry about hand cramps. ;) Your shoulders, though, may be another story! (spent the day trimming yesterday m'self)

Green Giant

Green Giant

OK, I have dry trimmed the last 2.5 harvests the other .5 was wet trimmed so I could have a side by side comparison.
The dry trimming was much faster in time than wet, AND the SMELL was/is way better. Dank smell was the only thing missing from my chronic, so thank you all who posted in all the Wet vs. Dry threads, it helped tremendously!!!

I am now a dry trimmer! :cigar:

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I would put a lil moisture back in there if your unsure trim under a blue florescent and watch how many crystals are flying off

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not a problem if RH is being kept around 65%, caveman.

Top Bottom