Drying Advice Needed

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

just chopped my room decent amount of flowers. my dry room is 12x12 i usually keep the door closed and run a dehumidifier at 50% and have an AC set up as a fail safe in case the room gets over 75 degrees. So this time i decided to change it up because i've been hearing that any dehumidifier action is bad for the smell. so i currently have the door open to the room and have a decent size floor oscillating fan at the entrance of the door blowing air out 24/7. The bud have only been haningin for about 36 hours but the temp has been around 66-73 deg and the humidity is 70-75. i am checking the room every 12 hours but am worried that this new dry style may be keeping the humidity too high and may mold/mildew out the buds. advice? is it too much of a gamble to just let the room slowly lose humidity? should i just hook up the dehumidifier again?

Tank707

Tank707

Did you wet trim everything? Keep in stems/branches? Buck it down to buds to dry?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
75% rH is too high.
Your in the danger zone for mold.

Best of luck.
Peace

Tank707

Tank707

It's best to keep around 50% and just let cure with the leaves on it to protect your tri's. Keep it in larger branch sets and let it cute over the course of 2 weeks or so slowly and you'll clearly notice the difference imo

M

Moses249

when i harvest the plants i strip off all the big fan leaves and then hang for whatever period of time i deem sufficient then we trim it. so it is trimmed dry. its just hanging in large arm branches so most of the stem is still there. i feel like Im in the danger zone with my rh but the only way i could get it down is via a dehumidifier and I'm concerned that adding a dehumidifier will make it impossible to get that long slow dry that is touted as the best way to dry bud. and that it may negatively affect the quality taste and flavor of the final product. i just want my buds to be the best they can possibly be. after all is 2016 and bud that is fucked up at all is basically impossible to move.

Tank707

Tank707

What kind of weight we talkin in the 12x12? I've never had a problem with my humidity while not using a dehui

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
when i harvest the plants i strip off all the big fan leaves and then hang for whatever period of time i deem sufficient then we trim it. so it is trimmed dry. its just hanging in large arm branches so most of the stem is still there. i feel like Im in the danger zone with my rh but the only way i could get it down is via a dehumidifier and I'm concerned that adding a dehumidifier will make it impossible to get that long slow dry that is touted as the best way to dry bud. and that it may negatively affect the quality taste and flavor of the final product. i just want my buds to be the best they can possibly be. after all is 2016 and bud that is fucked up at all is basically impossible to move.

Put the dehumidifier on a timer and don't run it 24/7. Find your sweet spot.

Best of luck.
Peace

M

Moses249

10-12 units hopefully. the grow is 9000 watts. the humidity is down to like 68% as of this evening but the temps are about 68-72 smells ok in there i opened up some of the bigger colas to check the inside they seemed to mold free upon visual inspection but i did get a strong smell of chlorophyl. its been about 48 hours since the chop and hang and some of the material still seems to have erect leaves that are close to the buds. i.e. the drying is going VERY VERY Slow

M

Moses249

the humidity in the room has dropped via just fans to around 60% from around 75% in just three days. I was running a six inch exhaust fan and exhausting the room 24/7 and now some of the bud near that fan has that cholorphyl slightly quick dry smell. now that some of those buds are basically quick dried right? there is nothing i can do for them right now right?

T

TheDaledo

You should be fine, my man. Its just the outer perimeter of the bud that has become dry. If this frightens you, seal the entire plant (while hanging) for a few hours.

This will seep some moisture out of the stems and it will be damp again. You can do this a few cycles over the course od a few days to get a more accurate idea and feel for how much h2o is left in your plant.

No way even @ 60% RH that you over dried in 3-4 days. I would guess 7-10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom