Drying and curing first time.

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xan

Xan

I am drying plants now for 10 days at 55-60% RH and bout 75 degrees in tent with fans and blower going. Just tested and no snap when i bend branch it just bends . should I lower the RH or just let em dry slow? I also bought these Boveda pack that 58%. Do I still burp the jars with these packs or just leave it alone?

Drying and curing first time
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yeah, I've found 12-14 days under those conditions, which are perfect. You're doing good and won't regret the few extra days.

And yes, always burp. Give the jars 5-10 minutes of air at least once a day, twice is good. You really want to keep an eye on them the first few days to avoid mold.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Never tried the boveda packs but have read mixed reviews on them. I can definitely see the attraction to use them but have been hesitant. Anyone have any experience positive or negative in terms of effect on quality of taste or smell? I'm sure they do their job or people would not use them.

Personally I prefer low to mid 60's and about 55% but have always done this so I can't say the difference although bud size and trimming play a big role. If your hitting 10-14 days you should be good.

Xan

Xan

Yeah, I've found 12-14 days under those conditions, which are perfect. You're doing good and won't regret the few extra days.

And yes, always burp. Give the jars 5-10 minutes of air at least once a day, twice is good. You really want to keep an eye on them the first few days to avoid mold.
How long in jars?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I usually start smoking after a week to 10 days in the jar. You'll find it gets better over time but after a month it stays pretty stable.

I also haven't used the moisture packs. I've heard mainly good reports but I haven't found I need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom