Drying and Curing - moisture, humidity and hygrometer questions

• Thread starter A20Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A20Grower

Hello all,

I didn't find anything useful using the search function, and google has not been my friend, so I figured I'd ask the Colorado section and see what the locals do.

I'm getting ready to cut down 6 plants. With fan leaves removed, is there any benefit to cutting each branch off the plant? I've heard that hanging the whole plant upside down is best, because it's easier to control the humidity lowering because of the extra lumber. Time is not an issue in my case, and the plants will fit in our 5x5 tent. Does anyone have a preference for a smallish number of plants?

Second, when should they go into jars? When the humidity gets down and they're ready for jars, here is my question. I've seen threads before where people say that Caliber III hygrometers are teh shit, but some online reviews say otherwise.http://www.amazon.com/Western-Humid...-Hygrometer/dp/B0007W1EA6/ref=pd_rhf_cr_p_t_2

I see the benefit of those being able to fit into small mason jars, but if I'm curing in gallon glass jars where size isn't really an issue should we go with regular hygrometers that are available locally, or stick with the smaller units and wait for them to deliver?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom