• Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrFever

DrFever

or you can hang them
Outdoor 2014

JayJr814

JayJr814

Thanks for all the input I think I got all the information I've been looking or broke down multiple ways, appreciate every bit of it! I'm getting anxious to tackle the dry/cute process, just flipped 7-25 so I still have a decent amount of time left before I get to that point but luckly I have indoor and outdoor plants this time around so therefore I'll get more chances to get this right!

H

hashagogo

I chop my plants whole and hang dry for 6-7 days at 68 degrees and 60% rh. I believe this to be imperative as the chlorophyll "gasses" off through the stomata in the larger leaves. (Thats why wet trimmed weed is more harsh) I then buck up and deleaf each plant and lay them in food grade plastic tubs, toss in a couple boveda packs in each tub and trim at my leisure. I then store product in Turkey bags , I don't like jars it makes the weed have a slight "fermented" smell to me after a couple weeks. Turkey bags rolled up keeps and preserves the meds and terps better in my opinion. I also throw in a boveda in the bags. Used to be all about the jars, now I have a buncha empty jars. I never keep more than a half in each bag and I roll up the bag not twist it tight as to squish the buds. Jars seem to compact the buds more over time making the product less aesthetically pleasing. That's my tek, and I am a picky mofo with OCD and a mean case of perfectionism lol. To each his own.

Great information here, long shot since this was years ago... Can you tell us how long you keep them in your bins while in turkey bags? Anyone else out there that can help, lmk..

NHDbooler45

NHDbooler45

My process is that I debud the plant, wet trim the buds, throw sugar leaf into chicken run. (Chickens love it, and it gives back to the system that makes a 100% self sustained cycle)
I put buds on a mesh rack and dry them in a pitch black 10x10 room kept at 72°f and 62% RH. Or as close to such as possible, I live in a real dry area so it fluctuates at times. I have a single box fan that blows air in the opposite direction for air flow
Typically the buds are crispy on the outside by about day 4. At this point I out them in gallon jars to sweat and bring moisture out. Then back on the rack for a day. Back to the jars, and measure RH, if it's too high, it gets put loosely into paper bags, untill the RH is about 65-68 inside a sealed jar.
Then, I burp them every day for about an hour until the RH holds stable at 60. Once it's stable they stay in the jars ans are burped once a week for 3 weeks. This typically drops the RH to about 54.
At this point the bud are typically ready to move to their final destination.

nicko0

nicko0

Drying and curing Well Slow dry is Key RH 60 - 65 with good air movement temps 55 - 60 placed on screens in dark place for 5 days then all placed into a garbage bag all air pressed out twist top and let sit for 6 - 8 hrs to sweat out what evers left in the buds , back on screens 8 - 10 hrs later there ready for half pound bags burp once a day and get it unloaded :)View attachment 525164 View attachment 525165
I know this is old but I've been looking for your post forever. I used your exact method years ago and it's perfect. The shorter dry time, fans controlling the environment garbage bags and racks. This is how it's done in the real world. Dm me please to discuss your method and timing further plz.

Top Bottom