Drying Baskets

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyHi

hey guys, what the hell are those collapsable drying racks called the ones you hang and have multiple compartments? where can i get one?

S

SkyHi

Slow down, Links to other forums are not allowed. What are you the knew ripz. lol. Oh and slow down on posting in every forum just for post count, its called post whoring.

R

Rabbi

Looks like Kid Twist is BMoC over there.

Skyhi the Hyrdofarms catalog has them or the bigtomato had them on special a bit ago.

i think they're called vertical drying racks, not a recommendation but SecretJardain makes one.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Search "high tech garden supply." I seen one on their site yesterday.

S

SkyHi

thanks guys, oh yea i saw a few others i recognized, like xceptional.

F

FileError404

Unless you have copious amounts, I really wouldn't recommend using these. You have to cut your buds from the stalk to use these which results in quicker drying which in turn will decrease your quality of smoke.

All kinds of processes, like the transport of sugars inside the plant still take place, even when you cut it down. These processes will slowly come to an end while the drying progresses, but are the main factor for the end-taste of your smoke. That is the first reason why you don't want to quick-dry your weed. The second reason is the way that a plant dries. Plants are made up of cells and, as we all know, cells contain mainly water. Exposed to air, the (dying) plant's outer cells will dry out first but the above-mentioned processes will still transfer water from the inner cells to the dryer outer cells, thus causing the plant to dry equally all over. By removing the stalk and cutting off the individual colas, you prevent this natural process by taking away the extra moisture that would be drawn from the stem to the leaves and bud.

G

growgrow

This thread is turning good.... I am about to buy a tent specifically for drying (i run a month by month perpetual harvest) and was contemplating getting one of those racks... so no good huh?.... do you recommend string? and I have an extra dehumidifyer laying around and was thinking about sticking it in the tent and setting the RH at like 41%.. what do you think? Your help would be appreciated....

GROW!!!

F

FileError404

I wouldn't say they're "NO GOOD", as they have their application, mainly for giant crops. I mean look who started selling them, the same guys who sell $10000 trimmers, etc. I assume, with a 50 lbs+ harvest it's just not possible to hang them all and hand trim them...

But for smaller harvests that you hand trim anyway, why risk losing even the slightest bit of quality? I wouldn't.

Another excerpt form "glass joe" of OG:

The room you use to dry should be the about the same size you grew in (if not the same room). The humidity should remain a constant 50-60%. Too high and buds will mold, too low and they dry too fast and taste bad. Temperature should be around 65-68 degrees, wherever possible. Make sure the room is dark, as light degrades THC.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use a thing I got from Ikea that hangs in the closet for the small runs. It doesn't catch the buds and pull them apart, but you do want something in the closet/area moving the air. I think they (Ikea) has something that's made of netting and is fully collapsible, in their kids department I think.

J

Jalisco Kid

patio screen doors stacked. each screen holds about 2 lbs. 40 bucks a screen.

S

SkyHi

Thanks guys for the help. i found them at my local hydro store. but now that i really think about it i dont want to cut the buds off the stem and risk drying out to fast. So chop and hang whole as usual.

J

Jalisco Kid

Or do both, hang the plant for about 4-5 days. Then clean and finish on the screen for about 3-4 more days. Put buds into jars when each one is ready to go. Usually smaller ones first. Helps me not to end up with hay. JK

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I usually hang till a bit crisp, like popcorn, then I put them in brown paper bags with the top rolled a bit. After that I jar'em and start curing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom