Drying Cannabis... What Moisture Content Do You Aim For?

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Drying Cannabis... What Moisture Content Do You Aim For?

I just finished my 2nd grow... Here... and was thinking how does actual moisture content eguate to relative humidity in storage.

I've read the best moisture level / content for the correct dryness of cannabis bud is around 10%

My first grow.. Here.. currently in storage / aging at 62 % humidity... not to be confused with moisture percentage... actual moisture content to follow

On the 4th day of drying... the images below indicate current moisture level of the branch.. I'll assume that this reflects closely to the moisture in the bud... as in nature all thing seek equilibrium.. or something like that... in that the dryer the stem is... it will suck moisture out of the bud and vise versa...

Any way... looking for what ways you all determine the correct dryness.. and we should leave out those that can just tell by touch...as I know that includes most of you... but this thread is meant to assist us novices... who one day will become like those that can tell by touch... much thanks for your replies....

Drying cannabis what moisture content do you aim for

Ive tried the snapping of the stems method.. and it may have lead to over drying of my 1st grow..
as I could never get the snapping sound

Drying cannabis what moisture content do you aim for 2

For those of you who burn firewood... and have moisture meters.. have you used this method?

Last edited:
quirk

quirk

I start at 68f/56DP/65Rh and over 8 days slope down to 68F/52DP/60Rh. At the end my bud moisture content is 8-10%.

20240517 160519
Last edited:
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I start at 68f/56DP/65Rh and over 8 days slope down to 68F/52DP/60Rh. At the end my bud moisture content is 8-10%.
I heat with wood and have one of those meters but I wouldn't use that

I put a humidity gauge in a sealed jar of bud and leave it for at least 12 hours and that's how I take the humidity reading

Latest posts

Top Bottom