Drying/curing Question In Co

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

I live in CO at 7200 ft. For those of you familiar with the area it is super dry up here. With recent weather we've had a little more moisture in the air but it is still fairly dry. The average temperature in my room (drying area) is 55-60ish.

I took my plants down 4 days ago and have the whole plant drying (rhymes are fairly small). I have not been able to trim them as fast as I was hoping. I wanted to see if putting them in a paper bag,with the leaves on, would "sort of" start the curing process until I can get them cleaned up and in glass jars. Do you think this would work? @Seamaiden, I know you like curing in a paper bag. I have read several threads on here about drying/curing.

I know the general rule people follow is 5-7 days and even up to 10 for slow drying but it's dryyyy here. A plant that was done before the rest was crispy dry in 4 days with all the leaves left on.
I don't know my exact RH. The weather station we have in the kitchen says the RH is 75%. I know there are a lot things I should have for this process but I don't.
Thanks everyone

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Once it's fairly dry to the touch crispy on the outside a little, jar it up and sweat the rest out...

Irish063

Irish063

Thanks. I understand that. I was just wondering if I can store the plants with the leaves on in a paper bag until I can get them trimmed up.

I went ahead and did it. They were getting way to dry.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Thanks. I understand that. I was just wondering if I can store the plants with the leaves on in a paper bag until I can get them trimmed up.

I went ahead and did it. They were getting way to dry.

Spray them down with some rosemary oil and neem. It will keep them from dying out and add a nice taste. I do this for every harvest. People love it

N

noone88

It is arid in socal, especially during the summers. Winters, not so much.

Whole plants with a dehumidifer will dry out in 4 days. Trim and bag it with a boveda and you're gtg. Jars are nice, but we're a bit past that now, especially if you're commercial.

If this is personal stash, dry and cure nice and slow. We sometimes put water in a bucket in our dry/curing rooms to slow down the process a bit.

Irish063

Irish063

It is arid in socal, especially during the summers. Winters, not so much.

Whole plants with a dehumidifer will dry out in 4 days. Trim and bag it with a boveda and you're gtg. Jars are nice, but we're a bit past that now, especially if you're commercial.

If this is personal stash, dry and cure nice and slow. We sometimes put water in a bucket in our dry/curing rooms to slow down the process a bit.
Thanks. I thought about doing something similar with some water in a tuperware dish to add some humidity to the air and slow the drying out down some

I also thought about using a turkey bag for the untrimmed buds so far. I know people cute in those as well. Not sure which is better.
1st grow and harvest so just trying to keep as nice as possible. This is not for my personal stash.

Top Bottom