Drying in a sealed room?

• Thread starter Rubijon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubijon

I was going to dry my plants in my sealed room because it is the only place I have to do it. I can keep the temp and humidity at whatever I want. Will I be wanting to exhaust any air in the room when they are drying? Also should I have all my fans running moving the air around? Thanks

M

mellokitty

definitely. as much air movement as possible (but not directly blowing at the plants, right?). you're going to want to exhaust, and you're going to want to be prepared for the exhaust to stiiiink (ie. air scrubbers, charcoal, etc.)

Giddeon

Giddeon

NO DONT EXHAUST! IMO a good way to get caught. Use the sealed room aal the way till the end, use you dehueys to combat high humidity (50-60% i feel is best), have air movement but not on the buds they shouldn't be moving on their own, and Have your AC keep your temps around 60-65 degrees.

I dry buds individually on Trim Scene Racks in a sealed room with the RH set at 60% @ 60 degrees and it takes the buds a weeks and a half to dry to the point of being but in bags to sweat and start the cure.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Correct if smell never escapes and is just treated inside the room, just like all the other atmospheric conditions. If you do this you will be using your sealed room to its full potential. I have sealed rooms for all the stages of my plants Veg room is sealed, Flower room is obviously sealed and when not drying directly in the flower room I have an area where my plant can hang that again is fully sealed with an AC and Dehuey keeping things in check and 4 double stacked CF's to keep down smell. Yes you will still smell nug a bit inside the room but it wont be as strong as if there were no filters. Since the smell cant linger and it has to "be created fresh" to be smelled this keeps the rest of the house smelling fresh.

Hope this helps,
Giddeon

Giddeon

Giddeon

Have you looked in the Trim Scene Section under the thread "Drying in the racks??" I have a post in there on the 2nd page detailing my opinion on them. Check that out but I am totally in favor of the racks.

M

MMJInsiders

I'll second the thumbs up on the Trim Scene racks. We use the 6 level racks inside a hydro hut style tent aprox 2.5'w x 5'l x 7'h, 2 racks per tent (handles 6lbs each tent very nicely). There is a digital humidifier in the center set to keep the humidity at 60% RH. The humidifier is plugged into a humidistat set to 55% RH. This allows some fluctuation to help draw out moisture from deep inside the bud. There is also a small scrubber exchanging air in each tent. The room the tents sit in is typically 30-35% RH. With this setup it takes 7-10 days to be perfect, ready for cure. Once put in jars, we usually see 63-65% RH and we burb till 60% then its on to longer term vacuum sealed storage.

R

Rubijon

Will drying in a sealed room have anything to do with how the final smell will be?

Latest posts

Top Bottom