Drying in a tent. Will this setup work?

• Thread starter Blazeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blazeman

Blazeman

Will this work? Drying in a tent with humidifier,dehumidifier connected to a inkbird, along with a portable AC exhausting outside the tent. Running everything at 60 degrees with 60 percent humidity.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Will this work? Drying in a tent with humidifier,dehumidifier connected to a inkbird, along with a portable AC exhausting outside the tent. Running everything at 60 degrees with 60 percent humidity.
That would work but run it at 40-45% rh.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Personally I'd aim for 60% . Slower and less chance of overdoing it and it's cold here XD was like 15c drying mine at around 60 humidity. Even then it took 6days or so before it was almost too late

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Personally I'd aim for 60% . Slower and less chance of overdoing it and it's cold here XD was like 15c drying mine at around 60 humidity. Even then it took 6days or so before it was almost too late
Your hygrometer must not be calibrated properly.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Your hygrometer must not be calibrated properly.

It is, I got multiple ones :p. You can see by clicking on my profile and all th pictures of them

The last jars on day 6 were sealed at 56% humidity. After a few weeks they risen to 58 thankfully . Was almost too late :p

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

65 degrees at 45-55 humidity. Not to hard. Mine jumps to 70 degrees sometimes.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Your setup is solid and will work. As the days pass lower the humidity a bit. Oscillating fan on the floor of the tent on low.

bankcee

bankcee

i got a question. i’m also currently drying in a tent i have one intake and one exhaust fan and an ac.. (ac has an exhaust vent too so i kind of have two) thought the humidity would be crazy high after adding the freshly chopped plants in there stalks and all, but i have the opposite problem. my humidity is way too low. it’s day 2 of the drying process i’ve been able to maintain it around 60-65F my humidity has hovered around >35. today it rose pretty high while i was away (65%) but once i got home it was back down to under 20%. i know i need to raise it, but is my only option adding a humidifier? is that really ideal to add while drying? sounds risky.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
i got a question. i’m also currently drying in a tent i have one intake and one exhaust fan and an ac.. (ac has an exhaust vent too so i kind of have two) thought the humidity would be crazy high after adding the freshly chopped plants in there stalks and all, but i have the opposite problem. my humidity is way too low. it’s day 2 of the drying process i’ve been able to maintain it around 60-65F my humidity has hovered around >35. today it rose pretty high while i was away (65%) but once i got home it was back down to under 20%. i know i need to raise it, but is my only option adding a humidifier? is that really ideal to add while drying? sounds risky.
Adding wet paper towels near the intake raises it a bit.

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

I have a similar setup in a 2x2.

Cloudray fan pulling air from bottom vent and out the top. Tiny dehumidifier inside.

When portable ac kicks the unit takes a cpl mins to cycle the compressor on, my RH skyrockets too fast for the dehuey to keep up, then if course it drops right back to proper levels when it cools back to 65ish.

I've only discovered this since moving an unused ink bird into my tent verse Bluetooth hygrometers.

Keeping 60f is difficult unless I have the blower from ac pointed into the tent and created positive pressure which can't be good for drying plants .. too forcefully dry cold air I would think.

Just trying to get a better hold o drying now.
Got a lot to chop over next 4 weeks
Cheers
20231002 194833

Top Bottom