Drying In High Humidity

• Thread starter Nog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Anyone have to dry in high humidity climate?

I'm talking humidity from the 70's to the low 90's.

How did you do it?

I find it calls for drastic measures.

Firstly you can't dry whole plants, you have to trim wet and the snip the individual buds off.

At the minimum you need a fan blowing on them all the time, and it helps if you dry in your grow tent or room with the lights on, as the humidity will be lower in there.

But sometimes that moisture just wont leave the buds, so you have to adopt desperate measures, such as put them in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Anyone have to dry in high humidity climate?

I'm talking humidity from the 70's to the low 90's.

How did you do it?

I find it calls for drastic measures.

Firstly you can't dry whole plants, you have to trim wet and the snip the individual buds off.

At the minimum you need a fan blowing on them all the time, and it helps if you dry in your grow tent or room with the lights on, as the humidity will be lower in there.

But sometimes that moisture just wont leave the buds, so you have to adopt desperate measures, such as put them in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes.
Back in my outdoor growing days in Florida we would have to let the sun finish the drying process sometimes. Have also had to go archaic and put a small space heater in a garage with the plants hanging. But we always dried the whole plant, we never cut it up untill it was dry.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whole plant always, I couldn't physically handle doing all of that with the big plants I was growing, let alone in a timely manner.

AFTER sulfuring the drying area, I would use fans and finally broke down and got a dehuey, that helped a lot but I probably could have used a bigger one.

N

Nog

I think it's best to trim wet, apart from being eaiser quicker to trim it gets rid of the excess weight of plant material quicker.

Soon or later I have to put my garden waste bin out on the street; it is full of weeks of lollipopping, defoliating, the odd male plant, and trimmings. All mixed in with weeds and pruning from the legit garden.

Ha, last time I did this, I went out to collect the emptied bin and I looked inside and there were fan leaves stuck to the side of the bin.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The LONGER it takes the buds to dry, the better product you will have in the end. I used to cut things up into hangers, now I do full plant and I shoot for a 2 week drying time.

It's all about the space you are drying in and keeping that environment dialed. I like to keep my drying room right at 70 degrees and between 50 to 60 % humidity. I keep my dehuey running and while that helps bring some heat to the room, sometimes I need to throw in a heater. Sometimes I need to run an AC. Whatever it takes to keep that environment set.

Where I live, the RH is always high. We get about 80 inches of rain a year. That doesn't stop me from mastering my indoor environments though.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

One of the most humid spots imaginable in southeast USA. I trim branches and hang until bud shoots 1st start to snap, however long that might be. No dehumidifier or fans or special room (bedroom). Perfect cure every time.

ExpertTs

ExpertTs

Whole plant always, I couldn't physically handle doing all of that with the big plants I was growing, let alone in a timely manner.

AFTER sulfuring the drying area, I would use fans and finally broke down and got a dehuey, that helped a lot but I probably could have used a bigger one.
What is sulfering?

Mr.gsc

Mr.gsc

I think it's best to trim wet, apart from being eaiser quicker to trim it gets rid of the excess weight of plant material quicker.

Soon or later I have to put my garden waste bin out on the street; it is full of weeks of lollipopping, defoliating, the odd male plant, and trimmings. All mixed in with weeds and pruning from the legit garden.

Ha, last time I did this, I went out to collect the emptied bin and I looked inside and there were fan leaves stuck to the side of the bin.
i haven’t read all the posts to see if someone else has already addressed this but I have always read and heard that drying should be done in the dark without the lights on and without any outside light getting in.

chemistry

chemistry

Use a de-humidifier in your tent if your humidity is high.

Top Bottom