Drying In Tent Necessary? Growing Different Strains...

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I‘m gearing up for a grow soon and there’s nothing I like more than variety! I’d like to get 3 different strains going at the same time but I know they will need to be harvested at different times. Right now I only have my one tent setup which means I can’t use it to dry if I do multiple strains.

Heres my question..

In your experience, is drying in a tent, utilizing inline fan and being nice and dark, essential to getting the most out of the drying phase? Or would a closet with a small fan to move the air around a little bit be basically just the same? I am trying to find the risk/reward ratio of drying in a makeshift spot as opposed to utilizing the tent. Northeast, typical forced air house (in case that matters)

Thanks!

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I usually dry in the flower tent but my recent outdoor harvest I cut up and laid out in this mesh hanging drying basket thing I got from Amazon, hung between the veg tent and flower tent with an oscillating fan about 5 feet away pointed at the rack. I still have a couple bags left to trim lol
20211029 113503

growsince79

growsince79

I usually dry in the flower tent but my recent outdoor harvest I cut up and laid out in this mesh hanging drying basket thing I got from Amazon, hung between the veg tent and flower tent with an oscillating fan about 5 feet away pointed at the rack. I still have a couple bags left to trim lol View attachment 1183155
Oh no. Last year I harvested a volunteer from outside. Didn't think nothing of it and dried outside my closet. Spider mites found a new home.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Yea I been thinking about it this whole time lol at the moment got some stuff going on at home so im limited on where I can have stuff like this so this is where I ended up so I can lock the door if I gotta and everything is back there. Im planning a spray down clean up soon, hopefully I can catch anything before it starts or spreads and becomes an issue

Allegedly

Allegedly

Whereever you put it, aim for 60F and 60%humidity, with fresh air supply and moving air.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I was going to say this, without a humidifier the humidity will be in the 40’s, even in a basement.
Most likely. Right now it’s 60% but in Feb/March it’ll be closer to 40 for sure.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I was going to say this, without a humidifier the humidity will be in the 40’s, even in a basement.
That would be totally dependent of where you live. I am running a 70 pint dehumidifier right now in my grow room and struggle to keep it at 55-60% depending upon the day right now

Dothraki

Dothraki

How important is total darkness when drying? I know light leaks can potentially mess with a plant while growing...is it as detrimental while drying?

Allegedly

Allegedly

Ya, that's why I suggested aiming for those targets. It's hard without the right equipment, so just as close as you can get the better it should go.

Allegedly

Allegedly

How important is total darkness when drying? I know light leaks can potentially mess with a plant while growing...is it as detrimental while drying?
Not completely important, as in you can interrupt it to check temps, the plants, humidity whatever. I think it's because light degrades trichomes but, I suspect more that it has something to do with mold growth somehow. I'd like to know the real deal also.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I was also just about to buy some cheap fans....then realized they’ll be running 24/7 so maybe I should spring up the extra money lol. Dont want them burning out or worse, burning up!

Top Bottom