Drying Question - Cold AC causing high RH

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

First grow and I'm in Phoenix AZ. I put in a portable AC unit in my drying room. Got the air down to 68ish and the humidity was good for a few hours then shot up to over 62%. RH outside was about 20%. I put in a dehumidifier to try and keep the room between 55% and 60%. As soon as it kicks on the room jumps up to about 73 degrees. RH outside last night was 58%, and it's our freaky monsoon season so it will vary greatly. So my question is, am I better off letting the room stay around 73 degrees with the RH bouncing between 50% and 58%, or pump the air back down to 68 degrees and possibly get RH of up to 65% or higher? Been drying for 5 days and no matter how much I mess with the settings I can't get a sweet spot - the dehumidifier just pumps out heat. I tried a smaller dehumidifier but it is pretty ineffective. I know I'm going to learn from experience, but man I don't want to mess this up after 6 months lol. The plant is about 3' and I cut the fan leaves and left on the sugar leaves and hung the whole thing upside down - its not very thick or bushy at all. I know if I get the air down to 68 degrees in the next couple days the RH will shoot up to 65% with the weather we are having. What's the better path to take?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Give it 10 days it will lower. Put some fans in there with the AC they will crisp up. 65 for the first 3 to 5 days then will drop.

Estukay

Estukay

Thats weird. AC typically makes air drier. When i first got my portable AC it was a struggle to keep humidity up. Before that my humidifier did fine.

A

azbassist

Thats weird. AC typically makes air drier. When i first got my portable AC it was a struggle to keep humidity up. Before that my humidifier did fine.
Exactly! I grew up in NY where heat=humidity and cold=dry. Now I'm in Arizona and it's so hot and dry I think the cool air is causing condensation. Never growing in the summer again in Arizona lol! Rookie mistake lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom