Drying question day 5 need help.

• Thread starter 757Botanist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

you all are putting on a Masterclass in growing. Ever suggestion has led me to positive results. I’m stoked for this next grow! The biggest lesson learned: I NEED PATIENCE 😂. Fix me Chesus Rice 🙏🙌😂

I definitely think the constant fan wind dried things up so I need to invest in better air circulation.
The boveda packs should maintain your humidity at around 60%, there's no reason to remove them from your drying process. Don't put those packs in with paper bags though, that would be a waste. Use them in the mason jars when you're curing.

757Botanist

With your budget, the very most important thing to know about drying is to keep the air temperature at 60° and the humidity at 60%. If you can maintain those two numbers, you should be just fine... If the stems are snapping like twigs then your bud has dried a little too quickly, they should bend and have a snap but not break, that's when they are ready for the jars. Burping the jars for 15 minutes 1-2 times a day for at least a week, then a little less burping the weeks following. If your humidity is lower than 60% right now because of your natural environment, you will need to get a small humidifier. Go on marketplace and find a used one for 20 bucks.

With your budget, the very most important thing to know about drying is to keep the air temperature at 60° and the humidity at 60%. If you can maintain those two numbers, you should be just fine... If the stems are snapping like twigs then your bud has dried a little too quickly, they should bend and have a snap but not break, that's when they are ready for the jars. Burping the jars for 15 minutes 1-2 times a day for at least a week, then a little less burping the weeks following. If your humidity is lower than 60% right now because of your natural environment, you will need to get a small humidifier. Go on marketplace and fi
The fan in your drying area should be on low pointing away from the buds so the air is not directly on them. You only want air circulation to not create mold.
That’s where I messed up, the fan had 3 setting but the lowest setting didn’t work so I had too much air. I think someone referred to it as “wind burn.”

I have ordered:
A thermometer with humidity reading
Water ph tester
Carbon exhaust (wife said she’ll approve the cost bc she doesn’t want the house to smell lol)
2 ac infinity fans

757Botanist

The boveda packs should maintain your humidity at around 60%, there's no reason to remove them from your drying process. Don't put those packs in with paper bags though, that would be a waste. Use them in the mason jars when you're curing.
Thanks bc my crazy ass was about to load up this Aldi bag lol

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

you all are putting on a Masterclass in growing. Ever suggestion has led me to positive results. I’m stoked for this next grow! The biggest lesson learned: I NEED PATIENCE 😂. Fix me Chesus Rice 🙏🙌😂

I definitely think the constant fan wind dried things up so I need to invest in better air circulation.
Your buds will feel too dry before they go into the jars, the moisture inside the stem will slowly come out to the outside and that is what creates the flavor and smell of that really good potent bud. When it feels too dry it's actually not.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
One can always cut off a bud, grind it and try it. With practice, one can almost feel when it's close. Then give it the smoke or vape test. Before curing, it might be harsh, but if it burns/vapes well, then it's an indication that it's close.

This is mostly how we do it. TBH, we also have a drying tent with humidity and temperature controllers. We keep the tent as close to 60º F temperature and 60% humidity as we can. At those settings, it takes 7 to 10 days, depending on how much weed is in the tent and how moist it was when it was harvested.
Exactly

Latest posts

Top Bottom