Drying space

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Hey guys! I'm about to get a drying tent and was wondering what you guys thought would be enough space... About 5lbs all bucked down and hung vertically from the ceiling. 12" carbon filter/ scrubber sitting on the floor. Was thinking a 2x4 tent 7 ft tall... Input?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

You will need at least 4x4. I use the sun hut xl. It is listed as 4x4 but it is actually closer to 5x5. It tightly fits about 4-4.5lbs for me.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Thanks gtb for the speedy reply. Exactly they type of input I was after!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I don't think you need a fancy tent from the grow store. On a smaller scale I use a free standing fabric closet that's about 5' tall. You can probably get a full size one that will fit the bill for a lot less loot.

outwest

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I don't think you need a fancy tent from the grow store. On a smaller scale I use a free standing fabric closet that's about 5' tall. You can probably get a full size one that will fit the bill for a lot less loot.

outwest
Pretty good idea on the closets!! Controlling the humidity in my drying chamber is very important to me. Also keeping the stank in is on the top of the list. These closets come in all plastic do you know?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Sun Hut XL 4x4 tents are only about $200. They are way sturdier, roomier and easier to control climate in. If you're drying 5 pounds it would be foolish to skimp at the most important phase of the process to save $150-200. It's definitely worth it to me to do it right and have properly dried, well cured buds.

bobby

bobby

Hey guys! I'm about to get a drying tent and was wondering what you guys thought would be enough space... About 5lbs all bucked down and hung vertically from the ceiling. 12" carbon filter/ scrubber sitting on the floor. Was thinking a 2x4 tent 7 ft tall... Input?

The amount of space you need to dry determines how quickly they will dry. If you dry with more space, they will dry quicker. Less is slower since they are crowded and don't have much air circulation.

Generally speaking, you need about the same amount of space it took to grow the plants. But since you can double or triple up on levels (hang 2 or 3 levels) you can use up to 1/3 of the space it took to grow the plants.

It's best to dry the plant whole, by cutting the main stalk and hanging the entire plant upside down...so you need some space to do this. But if you want to speed up the drying process, you can cut branches and hang them individually....this method will require less space and will speed things up...the faster you dry them, the less quality your buds will be...imo. test it out for yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom