Drying tent set up suggestions?

• Thread starter Stoobeey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stoobeey

Stoobeey

Has anyone ever tried to set up with drying tent like this I'm worried about the AC drying out the buds in between cycles.
AC on inkbird, rh via smart control humidifier (remote hygrometer it pulls data from is taped on the temp probe wire).

Dehuey well electrics are trash . Seems to climb to 70 max when condenser hasn't kicked in yet. Trying to avoid buying a 20 pint unit for drying.

My house overall is warm year round . Sunny socal. Lowest I could get my room was 72 to 75 on the whole . The portable ac takes a good 3 or 4 mins to kick on and has a harder time getting tent to 60 . It cycles more often.

Trying to get a better drying method down
Drying tent set up suggestions
Drying tent set up suggestions 2

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You don’t want the fan blowing on the buds. It dries them out to fast and the buds will be harsh.

Enjoy the harvest btw 👍🙂

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

You don’t want the fan blowing on the buds. It dries them out to fast and the buds will be harsh.

Enjoy the harvest btw 👍🙂
Bc the interval for the AC coming back on in general isn't a long time I unplugged the fan.

Intake is below the colas.

I did have to shift to 62deg vs 60. Daytime it was having a hard time growing past 61 and change. Didn't want it running all day.

Rh drops to 50s when AC is cooling down (it can go to 70 before compressor kicks. But only for a few minutes really.. I don't have a spare whole room dehuey to pipe into it. Those little electric guys don't do much, but shed in there lol.

As for the inkbird rh . I did manage to figure out if I want to use it better placement for sensor that gives me a similar reading as the other hygrometers, but that means I'll need to buy a new humidifier that's just an on off model. The smart one I have won't work with an inkbird.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to my next chop in a week . Key lime jack

P

purinaone

It's about the dew point. This is how the curing fridges operate. The dew point for 60° and 60% is 46.1°.
I would get everything out of the tent that isn't green and use a slow exhaust up top with bottom screens open. Then manipulate the dew point of the room it is sitting in. If 60° too cold and difficult for window ac unit, then go for 65°. But to do that the humidity needs to drop to 50%. That'd be a 45.9° dew point. Dew point calculator.

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

It's about the dew point. This is how the curing fridges operate. The dew point for 60° and 60% is 46.1°.
I would get everything out of the tent that isn't green and use a slow exhaust up top with bottom screens open. Then manipulate the dew point of the room it is sitting in. If 60° too cold and difficult for window ac unit, then go for 65°. But to do that the humidity needs to drop to 50%. That'd be a 45.9° dew point. Dew point calculator.
Thanks for a good explanation. I will say this set up is working better than expected. This morning only the very tops of a cola are kind of dry enough to take a taste (which I did. The rest definitely needs till Saturday/Sunday which will be 10 days )

Been running it 62deg and 60 to 62 rh

Top Bottom