Drying Tips

• Thread starter Snowman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snowman420

Hey guys, i usually hang my flowers by pegs in a 90cmx90x160cm tent with the vents open for passive intake, a 6” clip on fan out the flap on low as an extraction fan(just above hanging height) and one 6” clip on inside the tent on low for circulation(not blowing directly at buds) my temps can range from 24-28c at night and 28-32c during the day and my rh sits around 49-55% my last run seemed to dry really quickly and unevenly, after about 2 days the outside became extremely dry and brittle, but when squished didn’t bounce back, just stayed flat like a pancake, so I jarred it up for a couple hours and it remoistened nicely since then I have been leaving the lid off in a room with a bit of airflow for like 4ish hours a day for the last 5 days. So 7days since harvest. My thermometer is telling me rh62% in the jar but it feels extremely dry and still reeks like hay. (Think that’s partially because it’s a low smell strain and dried to quick) anyways, I’ve ordered some humidi packs and think I’m just gonna cure it out a little longer. I’m aware heat could’ve been an issue but, besides buying an aircon, there’s not much I can do :p anyways I was just wondering what size dry room/fan arrangements/ temps and Rh are you guys running? Any tips?

Dan789

Dan789

Lots of variables concerning each situation, don’t know if you can generalize what’s best practices other than a longer, slower dry. You need circulation, and retaining optimal RH is key to a good cure, your night and day temp range should hold more moisture, have you tried trying to add humidity indirectly?

S

Snowman420

Yehh I just wanted a general idea of what other people’s specs are so I can get a bit of an idea as to weather or not I’m over doing it. I tried leaving cold packs in a bucket on the floor of the tent to boost humidity didn’t work, I’ve bought a small air cooler which is basically a humidifier, so hopefully that helps.

Nugg

Nugg

Sometimes it happens...sounds like you are on track...I do the same thing and it works just the same..at times I have to jar early, with buds still damn as you say..I jars I leave open for a day then close a day until they are cured..not dried to powder..

Madmax

Madmax

I dry mine inside hanging in my wardrobe for like 10-14 days in the dark no fans ,no hygrometer etc..the hay smell is because its been jarred too early .i cure mine completely different to everybody else in that once it feels dry i put it 4 ounces or so in an air tight tupperware container and place on window sill with the sun shinning on it for 10 min..you see the bigger buds arnt as dry as the little ones so by putting it on the window sill makes it sweat and pull all the moisture out and will distribute it though the dope evenly.i leave lid off for awhile away from the window sill to cool.it feels damp ,warm when you first open it.i do this a couple times.i then will jar it and opening it like daily just to check.then like 3 times or so following week etc..just though i tell you how i do it..you could even try a little sample in a small air tight container and see for yourself .ive done it like this since 1987-88 .yeah im old skool lol..

S

Snowman420

Ahah thanks everyone, I’ve got it perfect before using the specs I listed above, just seemed to fuck this batch, could be due to the different seasons I’ve dried it in (not really adjusting specs to suit humidity and temp) think I’m just gonna split it up a bit next time and try a few different ways, at least then I can’t possibly fuck all of it and can get a bit of an idea what works best with what. Cheers guys! Keep spreading the love, this is a brilliant community.

K

Kot

That temp is too high. You want max 20 C and around 55-60% RH.

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Your temps are way to high. 20 like @Kot stated is max. I go 18, 20 makes me nervous. Your humidity is acceptable. Happy Harvest.

Top Bottom