drying when is hot

• Thread starter thomaszes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thomaszes

Hello everyone!
Soon i m going to cut my girls, the problem i have is that the temperature here will be about 30 to 35 celsius and about 20 C* at night, i have nothing to cool my room so i have to dry it how it is, is there anything that i can do to slow down a lil bit drying? Dont realy want them to dry out in 3 days.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Humidity is how, but you need to be really careful since it's so warm, too. No fans with wet towels possible?

T

thomaszes

Normaly i m drying in the closet in other(empty) bedroom so maybe yes, but how i should do it? Put the wet towel on the fan? How many hours per day if so?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Get a hygrometer so you know the humidity in your drying closet (unless you're drying several pounds, use a smaller space than the whole bedroom) so you know what your rh actually is. Then use wet towels in front of fans to boost humidity- it will cool the room, too. Get your humidity up to 70% and that will slow the drying process.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Sheesh, I would be careful with 30-35C AND 70% humidity. Use fans and check it quite often. What is the humidity where you are normally?- as in, if things start to go moldy on you, can you get to an area that is >20%?

PB

ttystikk

ttystikk

PButter, I know it sounds high but at those temps he needs higher rh or his stuff will be crispy critter in no time.

Keep rh below 80% or you will risk mold.

T

thomaszes

Hello PButter!
Here I have about 60-80% humidity, dont realy know how mutch is in the summer exactly, I v heard that hanging whole plant whitout triming helps lil bit, never got problem with mold in here, just that weed dryes to fast witch is not good .

T

thomaszes

Im drying my plants inside the closet its just i dont use that bedroom, so i have bit more options to try

T

thomaszes

Is ok in autumn, dryes in about a week, but now i v got autoflower strains and the harvest ll be in about a month o so, till then the temp goes up,

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Right on man, 70 is a good number to shoot for- I have plenty of xp drying at 70% but can only imagine what happens at 35C. The rate of growth of mold is freakin' scary at 85F... I'm with Ty, you def need to keep humidity up while drying at high temps. Just keep an eye out.

T

thomaszes

I will PB, just have to be prepared for that, dont want to lose them,
Thanks a lot everyone!

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i hang the whole plant when drying conditions arent ideal. it works nicely. also a really good flush helps with a less than stellar dry. hope that helps.

squiggly

squiggly

i hang the whole plant when drying conditions arent ideal. it works nicely. also a really good flush helps with a less than stellar dry. hope that helps.

Same here.

If conditions aren't ideal, build a bunch of cardboard boxes to hang product in. The boxes are cheap and they hold moisture fairly well. If RH goes much over 75% they also start absorb some of it and wick it through to the outside (provided the RH is lower outside) which is pretty nice as well.

The trick here is if you hang the shit close enough together it basically humidifies itself. Careful not to overpack them and have them touching, though, as this will encourage mold.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

You are dead on there Squiggly... I used to use those wardrobe boxes from Uhaul... They are the shit and can easily be moved if needed

Califlower

Califlower

I have a room that swings from 75-85 when I block a section off with a tarp. The humidity around here is often 70%. I thought it was too high for drying, so I was using a dehumidifier to make it 50%rh, but you say that's too low? Third day drying, and yes, seems a bit fast.

I am going to try the cardboard box method instead of tarping off a corner. How dark does it need to be really. Of course no sunlight, but dim lamp light getting into the drying area sometimes is fine, right?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not to me, 50% is not too low for drying. If you find 50% RH is too low for your drying needs, then raise the RH to about 55%, see how it goes. 50% is too low for curing, for me. Dim electric light getting in occasionally is fine, and I know many growers who'll tell you it doesn't matter at all, but I respectfully disagree with them. Dark is best, but occasional exposure isn't like being left in the open, dig it?

I think the boxes will work great, maybe better since they're made from a material that can actually help keep RH within parameters without ever really getting too wet. It's how I did it my first grow (what a pain! I strung the buds up using upholstery thread, I made bud-beads).

Califlower

Califlower

Well, last week was foggy, but last few days, foggy or cloudy in the morning, then warmer later. Today kinda hot, 81 F. Anyway, It seems if I let some outdoor air in, along with the dehumidifier, it hasn't gone above 81 even inside the drying area. I set the dehumidifier tt 55%.

What's the snap on the stem supposed to be pre-cure?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Depending on how thick the stem is, if it's a thin stem, thicker than a toothpick but thinner than a pencil, then it should snap, but not break off.

Califlower

Califlower

Yeah mine are that size, and snapping like that. There was still a hay smell to them yesterday, but I put the trimmed stem with manicured bud in a brown paper grocery sack until I can figure out a jar to cure it in. Humidity around the bag in the room about 70% and temp 75-81 depending on time of day.

Top Bottom