Drying Your Crop

• Thread starter StrwbryCough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

Can I please get all the information from anyone and everyone on drying my crop when it's time to harvest. I want to know how everyone does it, and the cheapest option. I don't have a room to dry it in the house. I do have a shed though.
Thank you. ✌

Last edited:
lemons

lemons

I just hang it upside down in my closet til the stem breaks instead of bends. Depending on the time of year it usually takes between 5 and 14 days.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

plants should be dried at 20 f and depending on your humidity may need a small fan on low to help avoid mold . this can take from 6-12 days . after they have been trimmed they need to be cured in a cool dark place at around 64% humdity .But all this is readily available to you if you use the search forum options . to do it right requires time . so please cruise the forums and work out what u can do that will suit you .

Mr.X

Mr.X

Some people trim before they dry and others after. That something else you might have to consider. The time it will tske is going to depend on the weather where you are since you mention it will be drying in a shed. You should take all the precautions you can to avoid odors escaping and reaching neighbors or even worse passers-by. You'll want to have a fan or two oscillating not constantly hitting the colas as they may dry out. But definitely air movement is crucial so mold spores dont settle on themand colonize your flowers. Hang them upside down and pry the buds a little away from the stem. Thats the part thst will remsin moist for the longest and is the primary part where mold and or bud rot will start. Even though buds my seem over dry dont take them doen until the stems snap or break. Once you start the cure the moisture eill resurface and they will be niceand soft, hopefully sticky too. Then get mason jars or any air tight container and place the buds in it. Make sure not to over pack it or your buds will get squashed from their own weight once they soften again. Make sure to open the container letting them breathe for at least 15 minutes once a day every day. A good cure should take at least 15 days. Oh also make surr its dark and as cool as possible, for the whole process. Good luck strawberry short cakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom