Drying

• Thread starter Little jacob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Little jacob

Little jacob

Hi again guys its been 2 days of drying i have hanged them and they are going well
How many day does it takes to dry?

Drying
Drying 2
Drying 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks good! depends on your humidity level. I maintain mine at 60% for five or six days and then I checked them by putting some in a jar with a hygrometer and then I go from there. I like my bud 60% or slightly lower before I jar, good luck!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Buds are best dried somewhat slowly, which can help to preserve the subtle tastes of the strain that you are growing. I always sweated when drying, as it is super easy to dry them too quickly, or too slowly and getting mold/mildew. After 30+ years of growing, I still sweat the drying process until this year, whe I tried drying them in a refrigerator, which worked unbelievably well. A self defrosting fridge will dry the buds slowly but at a low enough humidity level that it won't get moldy or dry too quickly. It takes about 2 weeks in the fridge, just lay the branches on a sheet of newspaper. It is your decision to cover them with another sheet to slow down the process even more, but it increases the chance of mold/mildew slightly.
I laughed to myself when I first heard of this method of drying, but the joke was on me as it worked out flawlessly, at least for me. After drying, they still need to be trimmed and processed/cured, but for drying, I will keep this method as it is easy and dependable with no issues with Rh being too high or low.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Drying is tricky, as the moisture can hide in the stems but the bud feels dry. If you put it in an airtight jar too early, the moisture will dissipate into the flowers/buds and could cause mold issues... this is the reason many "burp" their buds during the drying and curing phase. Too much moisture will cause mold and mildew, so you want to make sure that you allow the moisture in the stems to dry out as well or you could have some unpleasant suprises. I had a gallon jar of Grandaddy Purple get slightly mildewed by not allowing the excess moisture to be wicked out. They seemed dry when I put them in the jar, but the stems held more moisture than I expected and it tainted the entire jar. The buds are still good, but they have the slightly off smell and I haven't decided what to do with them since I'd rather not smoke them... maybe I'll try some BHO (Butane extraction).

Little jacob

Little jacob

Drying is tricky, as the moisture can hide in the stems but the bud feels dry. If you put it in an airtight jar too early, the moisture will dissipate into the flowers/buds and could cause mold issues... this is the reason many "burp" their buds during the drying and curing phase. Too much moisture will cause mold and mildew, so you want to make sure that you allow the moisture in the stems to dry out as well or you could have some unpleasant suprises. I had a gallon jar of Grandaddy Purple get slightly mildewed by not allowing the excess moisture to be wicked out. They seemed dry when I put them in the jar, but the stems held more moisture than I expected and it tainted the entire jar. The buds are still good, but they have the slightly off smell and I haven't decided what to do with them since I'd rather not smoke them... maybe I'll try some BHO (Butane extraction).
what is burping

Little jacob

Little jacob

Looks good! depends on your humidity level. I maintain mine at 60% for five or six days and then I checked them by putting some in a jar with a hygrometer and then I go from there. I like my bud 60% or slightly lower before I jar, good luck!
Yhanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom