drywall gypsum

• Thread starter oil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Sorry to spoil the positive news lol In all seriousness I hope that growers would take a saying coined in the food industry, if in doubt throw it out.. In our case it should be rip it out, I'd hate to think of some meds making it's way to patients with compromised immune systems such as cancer patients or anyone who thinks they are getting medicine. I think we should police ourselves and hold ourselves to a higher standard than corporate pill pushers.

That's my 2 cents and i couldn't look myself in the mirror if i didn't advocate for patients, even against the MMJ community. There are certain things that should just be a given. We also have to remember there is an opposition to legalization and they will do research and add this to their ammo belt, believe me..

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

totally agree azmmj, it gives the nazis good reason to "regulate" to "keep us all safe."

Exactly, just like bug spray whatever, and I know the issue about everything causing cancer today, but there is the shit we know about, the shit we suspect and the shit we don't. If someone is smoking it themselves then hell yeah, let the Labrador retriever eat you shit then you smoke his for all i care..

Here comes corporate weed, and you better not be able to grow better than them or they will be more efficient at making your life miserable than the cops, actually they will help the cops to find you. Prob put out rewards for anyone growing "THEIR" genetics.. Search Patent #6,630,507

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...50&s1=6630507.PN.&OS=PN/6630507&RS=PN/6630507

We think the RIAA is bad for ruining the financial lives of old ladies 13 year old kids, college students for copyright infringement, just wait.. Like that .com guy overseas, they raided his mansion didn't they? If Romney gets elected, I bet AN and WE grow will be targeted for conspiracy, what do ya think, any betters?

The way I see it if Regan can have Jack Herer arrested and put in prison for a year for protesting on public property peacefully waving a hemp flag, what do you think Romney is going to do.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

here's another thought too, what if it goes the other way, legalization and we can keep cultivating, like making wine.. Now lets suppose a while down the road one of your patients finds out that the grower knew about potentially bad shit he was giving to patients and didn't inform them.. If you didn't continue using it, once you found out it was bad, most courts i assume would excuse you, after all your just giving it away.

But if you keep giving someone something like wine laced with something you heard was toxic but didn't really take serious and something happens to them that may not even be attributed to it. Then they read on some wine making forum your comments that you think the product in qustion is ok because everything causes cancer. How do you think you'd fare in court?

I see so much, I don't even want to say what it is, but it's all over craigslist, and all over the forums, people not thinking of the futre, these comments wont go away, they are testament to the MMJ community.

oil

oil

Drywall from china is a whole different story.

http://www.maacenter.org/news/consumers-can-relax-chinese-drywall-is-found-safe-asbestos-free.html

read this^

Also as far as drywall made in the US, there is no asbestos in it. It's banned. Mud being shipped from mexico is a different story. My father has a certification from the government to supervise asbestos clean up. They worked in old schools and such. This gives me a decent understanding of its availability. I would never trust drywall scraps from the demo of a 30 year old building. What I have is brand new dry wall bough a couple of months ago, made in the USA. Drywall products containing asbestos will be denied at customs. Im sure some of it makes it through, but this aint the 70's.

oil

oil

Now can we get back to the subject of using fresh drywall scraps as fertilizer.

(This does not have any Spackle on it, just fresh drywall)

anyone with experience?

K

kolah

Oil, read the article again.

As far as border patrol goes??? Yeah they do a great job don't they? (ie Fast and Furious Op)

coloradochem

coloradochem

Damn Kolah first off, that really sucks about your building, i hope it worked out for ya. Secondly, i have no doubt in my mind that some even a large percent of rock, and mud has asbestos in it. after working with it for 15yrs, I can say its not nice stuff its really hard on a guys lungs, sinus, eyes, and ear canals, also shoulders for some reason, cant figure that one out haha. I never relized how much trouble i had breathing till i quit full time two years ago.
thirdly. I know there is a law, a couple of them that prohibit asbestos in new constructions.
And my final point, after 13yrs of 40- 60 hrs a week, 50 weeks a year. Doing construction in damn near every Colorado county, and many in utah, wyoming, new mexico. I have NEVER NEVER seen or heard of a test for Asbestos in Wall board on a new construction site. I have seen and tested for raydon, mold, humidity, fungus spores, blood borne pathogens, lead, asbestos in insulation, siding, flooring, and paint. I dont doubt that you got hammered by the man, and that really sucks! But I have never heard of it my experiences. which i think are fairly extensive.

Now back to the original question for oil, i dont think id use DW board as my source for gyp. raw gyp should be easy to find.

K

kolah

Yeah crazy shit I guess.

No real sense of me going further into this. Folks will do what they want.

Peace All!

oil

oil

Kolah the point im trying to make is that not all drywall has asbestos, especially drywall from the US because its banned. Are you taking a risk when buying drywall from another country? YES, Hence why I only buy drywall made in the USA. After the disaster in florida, if you buy drywall from china or mexico your a dummy, even if there is a gypsum shortage. Bottom line, buy US products and definitely wear a mask when demoing any building pre 95. I would not advise using scraps from some old house I tore down, but I think im safe with what I have. I am well aware of the dangers of asbestos considering my father knows everything about it, and I would not have asked the question in the beginning if I even had the slightest inclination that my drywall has asbestos. I do however completely understand your concern. Mesothelioma is no joke.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Oil the link I posted in business week had nothing to do with asbestos but a chemecal that eats wiring, pictures on the wall and health problems, not asbestos in that drywall but a chemical lol. There are no regulations about what they can put in there because it isn't intended for food, we don't know what all is in there that may find it's way to a cancer patient... The article gives the tonage of the stuff that made it's way into American homes, mostly in Florida and that wasn't to long ago. That wasnt way back when but recent. If I recall drywall was one of the reasons for establishing the FDA? If I remember they use to use it as a filler in food, I could be wrong, I'll check it out.

Many don't worry about the silica as well, and I doubt the MMJ community knows it's a health risk that has killed millions of flintknappers who knapp indoors like thos who made gun flints. I make arrowheads and had to learn about silicosis, which is like asbestos. but that is in the dry form, and we knappers know not to knapp inside a house because the silica from obsidian, flints and cherts don't go away they stay in the environment. Same thing for anything volcanic like basalt, pearlite, vermiculite as well, mix it outside wet..

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

http://www.personalinjurylawyer.com...oduct-injuries/side-effects-chinese-drywall-f

I was trying to do a search for the establishment of the FDA being over the gypsum being used as a food filler when this poped up. Believe me if it pops up that should tell you something.

Now imagine your name mentioned in a suit like the one above of a guy (insert your name here lol) using this stuff and his patients got sick.. You might as well be that dude that made that youtube move about mohomid. lol where is he now? Hiding lol Bet CNN could find any of us real quick if we really fuck up a patient lol. Like I said before that might not even be the cause but with an article pops up like this and coincidentally one of your friends winds up in the hospital he starts adding 2+2 and askes his doc. "say Ive been smoking some weed grown with drywall and I seen this report, ahhhh do you think that might have anything to do with my problem breathing" What do you think the doc will say?

Hey I'm all for personal responsibility, if you want' to use it for yourself and tell someone you give it to and he decides to smoke it with you , no prob.. The problem is even if you inform him, is he going to inform the next guy he gives it to? Because I'm telling you with the legal changes we have also brings more responsibility.. People will go to the cops now, or department of heath, I can guarantee you the guy you gave some of your stash to will turn on you when the anti Pot people love the sensationalism of the story.

As coloradadoc said, why not just buy some gypsum that is cheep and used for AG? I you can't afford that then I don't know what to tell you. Did you say your board was from Florida? Just because it's an american company don't think they don't import and slap their name on it.

oil

oil

Listen man I know about the chinese drywall. If you read my post you would know that the drywall I have was made in the USA, and not bought in florida, rather the north east. Its USG drywall you can look up the ingredients through there website. There isnt any asbestos, but there is some fiberglass an a couple of other things that are probably unhealthy. In the long run, it would be safer to buy horticultural grade gypsum. I know your post/link had nothing to do with asbestos, and it was not directed toward you. The point was that not even the Chinese are using asbestos in there drywall. At least out of the sample group they used. They do however have a bunch of other fucked up shit in it, sulfuric whatever. In the end, will I be using drywall gypsum in my garden? probably not. Im not afraid of asbestos because there is none in my drywall, but rather some of the other chemicals that I found in USG's ingredients. I think I will be splurging on some horto grade shit. The last thing I want is to smoke chemicals. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom