Dtw auto feed or autopots

• Thread starter fbsv420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fbsv420

fbsv420

Hey whats up, thinking of autopots or autofeed dtw,

Any thoughts on whats better for what reasons....

I no the top feed dtw will be less chance problems and maybe easier to manage but i see people doing good results on instagram with these autopots and seem to be good, id get an extra foot in height say if i was to go auto pot rather then my trays raised up with drains running to a condensate pump

K

Kamisama

I d go for autopot with fabric pots, coco+perlite 50:50, hydroton at bottom. They r pretty cheap, if u do your DIY one with just one aquavalve. Use thick tubing.
Plants grow really fast with minimal effort, just changing strenght of nutes every week.

Althought DTW isnt bad either, not that different u know... but u ll have troubles with humidity in flower I think.

fbsv420

fbsv420

I d go for autopot with fabric pots, coco+perlite 50:50, hydroton at bottom. They r pretty cheap, if u do your DIY one with just one aquavalve. Use thick tubing.
Plants grow really fast with minimal effort, just changing strenght of nutes every week.

Althought DTW isnt bad either, not that different u know... but u ll have troubles with humidity in flower I think.

Thanks im thinking auto pots my self which will save me from wasting nutes and give me more head room, just worried about salt build up with it bottom feeding

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

just worried about salt build up with it bottom feeding
The key there is to not be bouncing between the two. If for some reason you have to switch from bottom- to top-feeding then you need to flush your media very well before you start trying to top-feed again. When you bottom-feed all those salts float up to the top, which is fine as long as they stay on top and not get pushed back down into the rootzone by any kind of top watering.

fbsv420

fbsv420

The key there is to not be bouncing between the two. If for some reason you have to switch from bottom- to top-feeding then you need to flush your media very well before you start trying to top-feed again. When you bottom-feed all those salts float up to the top, which is fine as long as they stay on top and not get pushed back down into the rootzone by any kind of top watering.

Havin a little a practice with 2 before i get a set up for my 10x5 tent

RDT 20231123 1823247958863844872361360
P

Phyto2theEndo

I'm on my first run with autopot XLs using Dr Earth dry amendments in 60/20/20 coco/worm castings/perlite. I've been topdressing every 3 weeks and top water with tea made of castings, alfalfa, kelp, bat guano, molasses and recharge (after brewing) every weekend while the autopots are off for 24 hours. Never done organic before and I'm super impressed how the run is going heading into week 5 of flower.

D03F2705B86B 1700707624388
fbsv420

fbsv420

I'm on my first run with autopot XLs using Dr Earth dry amendments in 60/20/20 coco/worm castings/perlite. I've been topdressing every 3 weeks and top water with tea made of castings, alfalfa, kelp, bat guano, molasses and recharge (after brewing) every weekend while the autopots are off for 24 hours. Never done organic before and I'm super impressed how the run is going heading into week 5 of flower.

Nice m8 i have just ordered the 18 pot 15 liters for my 10x5 tent csant wait to get them going

fbsv420

fbsv420

Well been in nearly 2 full week, my 18 pot is coming tomorrow, i will have it all set and 15 or 18 ice cream cake in see what fits best

Top Bottom