Dual Arc Hortilux Super HPS R U using them?

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Has anyone experience using this bulb? I just bought 12 of them and doing my first run, so far so good and I think they produce more resin that the regular HPS 2 weeks from finding out. I need more so If you have used them let me know. I Think TK or DS used some a year or so ago. Thanks for your comments.

• Hortilux™ Super HPS
  • Hortilux™ Dual Arc

sblue_thumb.jpg
    sblue.jpg

SUPER BLUE DUAL ARC (Available wattages: 1000w)

Studies have shown the most productive method for indoor growing is by starting plants with Metal Halide and then switching to High Pressure Sodium grow lights. The Dual Arc is a combination of the HORTILUX™ Super HPS and the world class spectrum of HORTILUX™ BLUE in one lamp. The result of this combination is more compact plants and vigorous flower and fruit production without the need to purchase a Metal Halide and a HPS lamp separately. Dual Arc is the Best, all-in-one grow lamp.
    • Contains a HORTILUX™ Super HPS arc tube & a HORTILUX™ BLUE arc tube in one lamp
    • Promotes vigorous growth, accelerated development, and hearty flowering
    QUALITY
    • Made in the USA
    • Exclusive HORTILUX™ Spectrum
    • We test every grow lamp before it is shipped
    • 1 year warranty
    ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
    • Lead Free
    • Patented Environmentally friendly design (EN) means our lamps are lead free
    • Meets Federal EPA, TCLP test criteria as non-hazardous waste.
    SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
    • Use with Magnetic Core & Coil ballasts only with an ANSI rating of S52
    • Must be used in an enclosed fixture only

S

slap14

I'm using one first time out just finishing up the run. Looks good(resin wise) but the proof is in the pudding and the pudding will be done in a couple weeks. ;)

Slap

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

You know when I used them I was having heat issues I think you should treat dual arc like six and a for so get as close as you would a six Hun watt that's if your temp contralto can handle it ....that's what I'll do next time

N

noone88

I've ran dual arcs for over a year (1:1 ratio dual arc to HPS) in my flower rooms. I am back to all HPS bulbs. The extra blue and minor uva/uvb did not give me extra benefits as I have hoped. I have tried the 860 ceramic bulb and my yield has gone down.

For vegging, mixed spectrum is the way to go however. Dual arcs have a place, just not in bloom rooms.

Top Bottom