Ducksfoot??

• Thread starter kansasgrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

WD told me he thought Ducksfoot was an Afghan:).

Wally has always said it's a tropical sativa, whatever it is, it is definitely not an Afghan! It's been in Australia a long time, since the 70s, it would have been brought back by travellers to SE Asia, where exactly in SE Asia is unknown, but it's definitely a tropical plant.

Here's the Winged Serpent one:

If their version does flower to maturity outdoors in Denmark it must have been worked in some way, hybridised I bet, Waly himself did Ducksfoot x Afghan 5 years ago so I would not be at all surprised if they took Wally's f1, made f2s, grew out a few, selected the webbed ones and crossed those to lock down the webbed trait.

BombBP

BombBP

Hey, thats what he told me. He told me he thought it was some sort of Afghan.

B

British_Hempire

Hey, thats what he told me. He told me he thought it was some sort of Afghan.

I'm sorry but I think either you're mistaken or Wally was having an off day, sure he wasn't talking about Hawaiian Webbed Indica?

He's said it loads of times on icmag, Ducksfoot is a tropical sativa, here's some quotes from the man himself, taken from icmag:

yes ducksfoot has a lot of tropical sativa in her , hence a poor indoor grower where flowering is concerned ....
afghani x duck was with afghani male over ducksfoot female , and yes in the f2 generation u shoujld find a small percantage of webbed projeny ... honestly i didnt find the cross very strong , however it did grow some lovely herb ... really would prefer a better afghani for that cross ....

they should do well naun , they have a lot of vigour , and will give u a good sized plant .. a lot of sativa in them ..

gidday mate ,, nope no trade secret there , just a trait that shows up in cannabis now and then ...
yes ive seen it on some early plants that didnt maintain it , though the ducksfoot does it all the way as u have seen ...
and no it has no relation to the dizzy strain of the bastard cannabis strain , and most likely hails from Hawaii ...

yes alas guys , your climate just doesnt seem to have long enough summers , where these seeds were made , they will veg at 13 hr days , as will many sativas like it ..
only thing u could do is to keep them in a greenhouse/hothouse to finish them .. then i am not sure they will be the same as if grown in the hot outdoor sun ...

the advice i usually give for ducksfoot indoors is dont do it ,, they are very sativery and dont like it indoors much ,, yes they will veg well , but the budding is poor and you can end up with hermies due to stress and unfavourable conditions for the plant ...

its naturally at home in the tropics , although with the size of the bud i often get mould problems here in the monsoonal season ,,,, from what ive seen itll grow well anywhere in oz , some places better than where i grow , be nice to get a dry finish for the girls ....

hey guys , just thought id pop a pic of some little duck babies i have going at the moment , just a joy to behold , wonder what will happen if i cross them with this here fat leaved afghani , geez imagine the leaves on them .. oh but then we want buds not leaves ,,,.. isnt it ironic that the duck is the sativa here considering the leave structure ,,, .. well hang in there and lets see what comes of it ....

BombBP

BombBP

He must have been having an off day because he def told me he thought they were some sort of Afghan. I dropped him a pm...hopefully, he'll come on here and shed some light on this.

hubcap

hubcap

....didnt think she was hawaiian/sativa in origin.

i never really gave ducksfoot its due attention, considering so many of our resident farmers, at least, like the smoke.

she seems like a picky one tho. could very well see this one requiring a lil added attention inside.

that, in accordance with those weird assed leaves (not to mention the smokes flavor) should have given its sativa heritage away.

but, never hurts to ask. apparently this thread is dispelling alot of rumors!!

way to go folks. thanks, especially, for thaking the time to c&p all the quotes and info.
A+ farmers!

CBF

CBF

Supporter
How on earth are you getting Ducksfoot to be finished at 10 weeks? Are you actually getting amber trichomes?

uh i let it grow till she turns milky, you can check my thread at ICMag if ya like, wally seen the bud outdoors and he seemed to think at the time they were finished.

and they are done, just cause your plants didnt come around, what mine isnt ready? i need to have ambers iyo for the bud to be finished?

i dont let plants amber up, i dont care for smoke that imo has went to LONG:D the cut i showed is still grown here and 10 wks shes done plain and simple.

ill grant ya the indoor plant was fluffier, as i said, and yeah its not pristine in looks, wasnt a easy plant to grow indoors like whats already been said.

i dont stress over others input on my plants, i can take it, lol. so no problems BH, i appreciate another grower statein what he thinks, much respect.

aka

M

Matttzzzzz

i live in the tropics and i have just now heard about wally's strains especially the "ducksfoot" which sounds like the strain i have been looking for for YRS. I cant seem to find a strain that is a bushy heavy producer. The local sativas are great except i only have room for a few plants in my yard....i would love to grow fewer plants with HIGH yields....i've tried indica hybrids but they flower to early and remain small as i live where there is basically 12/12 year round
does anyone know of any other strains that do as well (yield) in the tropics?

D

Donald Mallard

I recently grew some of moonunits zoid line in the tropics matttzzzzz , they are from png gold stock originally , and i must say an excellent performer in the tropics. i highly recommend them for the tropical outdoors .
How has your seasons been lately matttzzz ,, same as usual ? or getting difficult to predict??
You would have noticed how your sativas like to grow , im sure its similar to other tropical locations ,, a nice long season plant that finishes as the wet season finishes . YOu can play around with that a little with planting times and get some sativas to finish early . We h ave noticed here a percentage of sativas will finish flowering in the dry season so long as you plant them early enough, age of the plant matters as well as the sensitivity to increases or decreases in day lengths.

M

Matttzzzzz

Sup Donald, the seasons are definitely getting more difficult to predict...the rainy season seems like it has no end the past few years which has resulted in the native pure sativas that i grow (2 crops per yr) taking longer to finish...i have no idea how this works...maybe less light? overcast skies? NO IDEA but it takes 5-6mth for these 100% sativas to finish usually around dec/jan if planted around july

Do you have a link to a site for this "moonunits" strain???

D

Donald Mallard

hey matttzzz , yes ive noticed a similar trend with the rainy seasons , though this year they finished when they should and the sativas you mentioned that went a lot longer last year finshed much faster in the hot sunshine.
heres a link to a thread moonunit has going ..

Latest posts

Top Bottom