Muffler Core

• Poly Fill batting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does Not matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do Be

Do Be

I'm looking for opinions on styles of duct mufflers. I know many people believe a DIY is the best, I have built and been using my DIY for 4 years now. I know what they are used for and know I want it in my grow area. The style I built utilized poly-fill batting, mesh wire, a 4" inner diameter and a 6" solid duct outer shell and is about 3 feet long. It has performed exceedingly well for my 4" inline but I have upgraded to a 6" and need to install a new muffler.

I have no desire to build another one and have been researching companies and styles of muffler core. The two I am considering are the Phresh Silencer () and the Phat Muffler ().

It appears the Phresh utilizes acoustic foam as the dampening material and Phat uses fiberglass fill, similar in style to my DIY.

Does anyone have experience with both of these styles or these specific brands and can offer any Pros/Cons or appreciable differences in air turbulence reduction, life, or other notable features?

Do Be

Do Be

Apparently I'm an idiot. Here is the correct link for Phat Mufflers ().

3grambowl

I feel once it went into the muffler it took sound down and just turned it into vibration. I ended up taking it down and just taping a 2 full size beds worth of egg crate foam around the fan (15$ total at Wally World) took the vibration and now all sound is just sucking in from my Phresh filter (6x42). My oscillating fans are louder than anything now
3gb

Top Bottom