Duds; Is It A Virus?

• Thread starter Ricksauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Judaz

Judaz

You guys should read my thread on epigenetics effects causing cannabis mutations from stress. Something we are starting to see more and more on older clones.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I recall when the thread started here about duds. And I wondered about epigenetic drift and stuff. I don't grow production, so it was just a curiosity and still is mostly.

Hop latent viroid was first found on hops and recent RNA tests have identified that it is now affecting cannabis.

This is interesting in that I recall suggestions ( oh, shit 30 years ago? ) in the literature to try grafting hops and cannabis - seems absolutely absurd with what I now know. Let's just say science was largely absent for some long time and it was mostly "hold my beer" stuff for decades.

Important to note that research is a journey and not a conclusion. That last link is weird, or I'm really fucked up. The text seems to get larger and larger.

Epigenetics is a thing in long-lived organisms. Humans are remarkable exemplars. Not at all surprised to see it in plants.

Vulcanofilo

Vulcanofilo

Todos los bancos de semillas muestran síntomas en la foto de sus catálogos.
La la globalización ha esparcido este virus por todo el mundo. Presenta síntomas tan diversos que la gente se equivoca.
Llevo llevo una temporada advirtiéndolo en el cannabiscafe pero poca gente lo cree.

Vulcanofilo

Vulcanofilo

En muchas ocasiones se confunden con carencias y excesos.
Hoja hoja que salen comidas crecimiento lento a veces aspecto aceitoso
Los los clones tardan mucho en enraizar, aspecto poco saludable, ....
Salen salen hojas comidas, algunas veces con tres o una punta

IMG 20200120 194217
Image 1177360
IMG 20181127 120553
Lenny805

Lenny805

I dont think it has anything to do with smoking. I've been smoking and handling cannabis for over 20 years and I've had zero issues. If smoking had anything to do with this it would be much wider spread than it is and I would be the most likely to have issues. I smoke like a chimney and almost alwsys have a cig hanging from my mouth. What evidence do you have to support this arguing you have been doing over the years?
Has nothing to do with smoking 100000%

TKO

TKO

Greetings All:

The purpose of this message is to bring awareness and resolution to an unidentified pathogen that has the ability to severely impact the entire cannabis industry and likely already is. Cases are confirmed in California and Colorado.

Below is a clear description of the symptoms this plant pathogen causes and supporting information, pictures and links to help identify it. We hope to use our community of breeders, growers, pathologists and scientists to solve this problem before it becomes an epidemic.

First off, we are not pathologists, we are independent researchers and farmers, but we feel confident that this pathogen is a virus. It causes massive crop loss, widespread reduction in yields and may well be causing high concentrations of calcium oxalate crystals in cannabis, which is harmful to humans. The following is a summary of symptoms of the disease caused by this pathogen:

In Veg:

• Lack of apical dominance. Plants sometime grow wider than tall.
  • No normal large fan leaf growth. Leaves are generally small and blades tend to point upward with an overall “spiky” appearance.

• The plants have an unusual branch structure, sometimes referred to as “witch-brooming.” Branches often bow down instead of growing up at a steep angle.
  • Short spacing in between nodes, often bunching up with a section of unusually colored stem.
  • Very brittle stems. Branches are thin, weak and rubbery and easily break off and flop around.
  • General lack of vigor and water uptake is impaired.

In Flowering:

• Overall irregular development. Plants look impaired, behind schedule, and flowers are generally “larfy.” .
  • Slow metabolism. Lack of water uptake.
  • Chlorosis/yellowing. Tends to look nitrogen deficient. This starts at the bottom and moves upward.
  • Lack of resin and trichome production. Weak smell.

• Leaf death

• Wilting and often total plant death over time.
**Thanks OnTheCrush

The disease caused by this pathogen is often mistaken for broad mite infestation. This is not a broad mite problem. Infected plants have tested clean for insects, mites of all kinds and for all the major fungal infections, including: Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Verticillium, and Phytophthora.

Infected plants have however, tested positive for Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV). Several online message threads have this disease as labeled “duds” or “duds syndrome.” Attached below are links to several relevant threads that illustrate the severity of this problem. There is no evidence that TMV causes “Duds,” just that TMV was confirmed in some samples from plants infected with “Duds.”

There seems to be a higher visible infection rate amongst farmers that keep mother plants of popular genetics, particularly, Gorilla Glue #4, OG, Girl Scout Cookies and Sour Diesel. People who clone from previous generations before flowering tend to have far less concentrations of visible infection. This does not mean the plants aren’t infected or that yields are not reduced substantially.

Our goal with this message is to find people, farmers and professionals that can help identify and solve this problem before it gets worse. Also, if any existing stocks of uninfected major genetic lineages can be identified, it is prudent that they be protected and preserved before they are exposed. If you think you’ve experienced this problem, please respond to this message with any information about your experience you’re willing to provide.

Healthy on left, infected on right (in veg)

ZwwemDA1rByXB3iX1W2GHn0Vsx7BvJfICterul5wTscUsdW8lUluhd0TnyCgHm9xAp9BCIVixmaM6Zy4g8Swp5YeIFw4vQco4LwA6_3gyqoruvrTjehbUpmvW3ch11YlktgJBcFX

Healthy on left, infected on right (in flower)

K0ZJMbdQouv0Ky57fu1NZ-iH9VUfBal6bXhLuIyvcHtVi4zFHc0pR49ghjszXmLksiXQyglBEWguMdGfDl4r_cDTYZ4tw1BIpJCV2knnAD2EdiSMGOficnYhy_fgaVGkRSxfrlnf

Links with valuable information and history:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/co-dud-collective.73664/

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285743

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-to-do-with-duds.64342/

HLVd for sure

Vulcanofilo

Vulcanofilo

Completamente de acuerdo,

mira el catálogo de Humboldt Seeds y piensa.....

GYOweed

GYOweed

Greetings All:

The purpose of this message is to bring awareness and resolution to an unidentified pathogen that has the ability to severely impact the entire cannabis industry and likely already is. Cases are confirmed in California and Colorado.

Below is a clear description of the symptoms this plant pathogen causes and supporting information, pictures and links to help identify it. We hope to use our community of breeders, growers, pathologists and scientists to solve this problem before it becomes an epidemic.

First off, we are not pathologists, we are independent researchers and farmers, but we feel confident that this pathogen is a virus. It causes massive crop loss, widespread reduction in yields and may well be causing high concentrations of calcium oxalate crystals in cannabis, which is harmful to humans. The following is a summary of symptoms of the disease caused by this pathogen:

In Veg:

• Lack of apical dominance. Plants sometime grow wider than tall.
  • No normal large fan leaf growth. Leaves are generally small and blades tend to point upward with an overall “spiky” appearance.

• The plants have an unusual branch structure, sometimes referred to as “witch-brooming.” Branches often bow down instead of growing up at a steep angle.
  • Short spacing in between nodes, often bunching up with a section of unusually colored stem.
  • Very brittle stems. Branches are thin, weak and rubbery and easily break off and flop around.
  • General lack of vigor and water uptake is impaired.

In Flowering:

• Overall irregular development. Plants look impaired, behind schedule, and flowers are generally “larfy.” .
  • Slow metabolism. Lack of water uptake.
  • Chlorosis/yellowing. Tends to look nitrogen deficient. This starts at the bottom and moves upward.
  • Lack of resin and trichome production. Weak smell.

• Leaf death

• Wilting and often total plant death over time.
**Thanks OnTheCrush

The disease caused by this pathogen is often mistaken for broad mite infestation. This is not a broad mite problem. Infected plants have tested clean for insects, mites of all kinds and for all the major fungal infections, including: Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Verticillium, and Phytophthora.

Infected plants have however, tested positive for Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV). Several online message threads have this disease as labeled “duds” or “duds syndrome.” Attached below are links to several relevant threads that illustrate the severity of this problem. There is no evidence that TMV causes “Duds,” just that TMV was confirmed in some samples from plants infected with “Duds.”

There seems to be a higher visible infection rate amongst farmers that keep mother plants of popular genetics, particularly, Gorilla Glue #4, OG, Girl Scout Cookies and Sour Diesel. People who clone from previous generations before flowering tend to have far less concentrations of visible infection. This does not mean the plants aren’t infected or that yields are not reduced substantially.

Our goal with this message is to find people, farmers and professionals that can help identify and solve this problem before it gets worse. Also, if any existing stocks of uninfected major genetic lineages can be identified, it is prudent that they be protected and preserved before they are exposed. If you think you’ve experienced this problem, please respond to this message with any information about your experience you’re willing to provide.

Healthy on left, infected on right (in veg)

ZwwemDA1rByXB3iX1W2GHn0Vsx7BvJfICterul5wTscUsdW8lUluhd0TnyCgHm9xAp9BCIVixmaM6Zy4g8Swp5YeIFw4vQco4LwA6_3gyqoruvrTjehbUpmvW3ch11YlktgJBcFX

Healthy on left, infected on right (in flower)

K0ZJMbdQouv0Ky57fu1NZ-iH9VUfBal6bXhLuIyvcHtVi4zFHc0pR49ghjszXmLksiXQyglBEWguMdGfDl4r_cDTYZ4tw1BIpJCV2knnAD2EdiSMGOficnYhy_fgaVGkRSxfrlnf

Links with valuable information and history:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/co-dud-collective.73664/

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285743

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-to-do-with-duds.64342/
The lanky one looks exactly like a hormone imbalance.
Y'all should research the history of the polio virus and vax it's quite interesting and tragic since they misdiagnosed many even fdr..
I think this hivlpsjdudhd virus is a cover for bad genetics, grow technique, and new hype to sell big bro and the snake oils for curing or preventing it.
For fun i googled quercetin for plants since I took it to prepare and fight the china one. It's a small world.

3 balls

3 balls

Ya you are definitely in the same boat as me. Are you in Colorado? Only a few people out there with original diesel but it’s one I have too.
It’s a combination of pathogens we’re dealing with. From my experience the white stuff at the crown of the plant prevents anchoring roots from growing out. Without the anchor roots any movement injure’s the plant and the pathogens take over and it’s a uphill battle from there. The medium also develope’s a foul smell.
Your definately going to need the phyton35. Use it as a foilar on your mother plants and in the medium. It takes time to work throughout the plant.
Try to get them as healthy as you can before taking cuts. Then when you take your cuts throw them in a bucket with phyton35 @ 5ml per gallon. Soak them for just a couple of minutes. I soak my plugs with 5ml, if your using a machine I would use the physan20 @3 ml per 5 gallons in the res. It only last 3 days though so you will have to reintroduce before the 3rd day.
Also when you cut your clones under water do it in water with the phyton35 in it.
I have been soaking and cutting my clones in the phyton35 solution ever since I read this post. I want to try the foliar and drench on a couple moms that I think need it. Is the dilution of 5ml per the same for those applications? I looked on the website before bugging you but got confused. Thanks @Trustfall !

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I have been soaking and cutting my clones in the phyton35 solution ever since I read this post. I want to try the foliar and drench on a couple moms that I think need it. Is the dilution of 5ml per the same for those applications? I looked on the website before bugging you but got confused. Thanks @Trustfall !
Yea 5ml per gallon weather water or spraying the phyton35.
the other product physan20 I have upped to 1 ml per gallon

GYOweed

GYOweed

Everyone who has stagnant crap environments with no air or aeration in the pots or enough proper light always seem to have this shmopslatent viroids?

Top Bottom