dumbest grow ideas you ever had

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Why are some of you guys saying growing with a partner?

lemme guess you've never had a grow partner! Usually it goes something like this: one person is bound to be a little or a lot more "into it" and hands-on, so the other partner slacks off or just stops being involved altogether. Despite many many warnings, come harvest time they insist on collecting their half (or more!) when they didn't even show up to trim the harvest.

There are many variations on the theme but it is rare that two people with equal skills and the same goal in mind come together for a project. It rarely works. Have you ever seen someone's attitude change from beginning to the end of the crop cycle? Show someone a flat of clones, they are like "oh yea neat". . . Same person walks in and sees a room full of budding plants and they do a complete 180, they get super greedy and want a cut even if they had nothing to do with it. One reason you never rent property specifically to grow with if the property owner knows what you are doing. They have a tendency to show up at harvest time saying your rent is now triple what it used to be and they want half the crop on top of that.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

The first plants i ever grew i WAY overfed thinking they would grow faster, complete opposite they died within a few hour's lol.

Overfeeding and over-watering is everyones mistakes when newbies

Last edited:
fractal

fractal

Sometimes it is hard to tell if you are over or under feeding, I screwed up a crop once because I hadn't grown the strain before and I just couldn't tell. Underfed them and got about half the yield I should have. Organics is always more forgiving though. Like with earth juice you have a wide margin of error, but give them mineral nutes 20% too strong and it's gonna be crispy critters for your plants.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

I was using miracle gro at the time because thats all i would hear everyone was using then. But yea its hard to tell which is which till its too late. Its harder to mess up with organics.

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

lemme guess you've never had a grow partner! Usually it goes something like this: one person is bound to be a little or a lot more "into it" and hands-on, so the other partner slacks off or just stops being involved altogether. Despite many many warnings, come harvest time they insist on collecting their half (or more!) when they didn't even show up to trim the harvest.

There are many variations on the theme but it is rare that two people with equal skills and the same goal in mind come together for a project. It rarely works. Have you ever seen someone's attitude change from beginning to the end of the crop cycle? Show someone a flat of clones, they are like "oh yea neat". . . Same person walks in and sees a room full of budding plants and they do a complete 180, they get super greedy and want a cut even if they had nothing to do with it. One reason you never rent property specifically to grow with if the property owner knows what you are doing. They have a tendency to show up at harvest time saying your rent is now triple what it used to be and they want half the crop on top of that.
The opposite has been true for me. My landlord knows what I am up to, and has not raised rent on me. I was in another spot and the landlord didn't know what was going on.....and that ended badly.

Dumbest idea I think I have ever had was trying to convert a chest freezer into a water chiller. That was a freaking nightmare and waste of time and money.

coloradochem

coloradochem

GenHydroWaterFarm8Pack.gif

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Hysterical @coloradochem! I listened to Matt the grower and spent $200 on sure to grow loose fill media. It turned out better in its second life as pillow stuffing.

Canappa

Canappa

Setting up my first grow room in my attic in the middle of winter, No heat so I built a 10x10 room insulated the walls used the sloped roof as my ceiling thought everything was good, the temp where perfect. The problem was outside, I looked on my roof covered in snow, and there it was a perfect square on the top of my house in the middle of winter where the heat from the light melted the snow. It looked so obvious lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Once flew over the san berdoo and san gabriel mountains in a cessna with two five gallon buckets of seeds peppering remote side canyons with a handful or two,I doubt many If any ever grew but maybe a hiker got lucky!
Same buddy flew us over the US festival in devore in the early 80's and we threw out 100's of J's over the crowd,Try that shit now and an F16 would come shoot you down!

Top Bottom