Duoponics

• Thread starter ozarkgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
anyone running a Duoponics setup or have experience they would be willing to share ? i'm building one set up to give it a shot, considering using it from seed to harvest. any thought are welcomed to included "don't do it man , their all gonna laugh at you" type shit is good too.

thanks everyone, have a great day and first weekend on the roaring 20's !stay safe

OG

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
greetings,
here is a quick update on my subirrigation or duponics bucket setup. i'm using one 3gal bucket with a 3" hole to hold my mesh pot which i lined with fiberglass screen and packed with soil. i would suggest using rockwool, but i didn't have any on hand. then a 5 gal bucket to hold nute water and airstone. in a sense it is a combination of soil, hydro, and aeroponics, so a certain degree.
the plant is a GSC clone i got from a buddy that has been system for two weeks. i'm running it at 12/12 for the moment with plans to move it to 18/6 or a 24/24 cycle in the near future.

OG

IMG 9893
IMG 7369
IMG 8007
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i also have a octopot arriving today which is much the same minus the airstone etc. i have some soil from build a soil i'm going to use for this project. now i'm torn on using a clone or starting from seed and if i do go from seed, which seed should i use?

bubba critical
aruba indica
sour bubba
blue bubba kush
phantom cookies
headband

i popped one of the headband seeds in another pot and its a monster !! so i like its genetics! the phantom cookie i also pooped one of those, however the leaf formation is crazy irregular which makes me hesitant to grow another one? the sour bubba sounds like a winner and i have none going yet so that is a thought. anyway if any of y'all that read this have some thoughts on what i should toss in the octopot give me thumbs đź‘Ť up on the strain and we will grow that bitch!!

OG

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Something that has rewarded me many times over in the past.

Build a trough 2feet high 3 feet wide lineing with plastic, slight tilt add 3/4 or 1 inch drain with screens. Fill with perilite sit coco, soil, or any drain to waste style mediums on top.

You can feed top aka your potted plant, and feed bottom after flush. This simple system turns out amazing results.

totamus

totamus

Bump to get more exposure
I am just starting on an almost identical subirrigation project. Same size bucket, am using an airstone, only difference I can see is that I cut a 6" hole and used a bigger wick. Can you fill me in on your results? Are you still using this, or did you abandon? I am using General Hydro nutes, Happy Frog soil, and tap water that has aged for 24 hours to let chlorine out-gas. Am at seedling stage now in 4 buckets, and all looks good. Any advice, pointers, or warnings would be greatly appreciated!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom