duplicating Power clone liquid

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Not enough time right now but if anyone wants to give this a go....

This is what is on the bottle label.....

0.2% Nitrogen (.08 ammonical nitrogen, 0.12 Nitrate Nitrogen)
0.3% Phosphate (P205)
0.2% Potash

also

0.005% Thiamine hydrochloride
0.0005% Indole 3 acetic acid

Arsenic .3850 ppm
Cadmium .1920
Cobalt .9620
Mercury .2270
Molybdenum .3850
Nickel .7690
Lead .1920
Selenium .1920
Zinc .7690

heavy metal numbers are from washington state.

Manufacturers ingredients to derive the NPK are as listed:

Potassium Nitrate
Ammonium Nitrate
Ammonium Molybdate
Calcium Nitrate
Potassium Phosphate
Potassium Borate
Magnesium Phosphate
Potassium Sulphate

-Gotta run but would love to work this out soon...anyone though feel free to work this one out in the meantime. -BB

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
power clone smells like cal mag to me = lol

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

dont have the knowledge to do that but every interested on the reults. that shit is bank

budboy299

budboy299

finally got time to crunch the numbers....this is what it works out to.

For a 4 Litre bottle......

.2 grams of Thiamine hydrochloride... http://purebulk.com/thiamine-hcl-vit-b1
.02 grams of Indole-3-acetic acid aka IAA.....ebay is your friend
0.820 grams Potassium Nitrate
62.913 grams Ammonium Nitrate
12.633 grams Yara-Calcium Nitrate
21.258 grams Mono-Potassium Phosphate
1.614 grams Potassium Sulphate

I worked out the ratios as well so we can keep the dilution rate to the same as the original bottle.

45-60ml per 4L of water (1 gallon is realistically close) for the first 3-7 days or until roots are initiated.
Once roots have initiated, reduce nutrient strength to 12-15ml per 4L (or gallon)

Hope this helps a few of us diy'ers out there.

budboy299

budboy299

Now the disclaimer...hahahaha

Most of these manufactures throw a little bit of extra into the mix that does not get included on the label. quite often its a bit of kelp or something.
The most important part of the whole mix imho is the IAA as it is a known rooting agent.
Most of the other stuff you could accomplish by simply going with the IAA and some 1/10 strength bloom formula.

Oh also I would run this with tap water that has sat out for min 24 hrs. Simply because RO and distilled are devoid of magnesium and other trace elements that are not present with this recipe. May not be that important for the few first days of the cuttings life as the plant material will already have stores of these elements within them...but you just never know.

budboy299

budboy299

and yes it does suck having to buy thiamine hydrochloride etc @ 8.50 per 100 grams plus shipping, but remember that alot of nute companies throw this vitamin into their mixes, even if it is small doses.

Used in MOAB at 1 gram per kg of powder...etc

In the grand scheme of things....a gallon jug of power clone should cost you less than a couple dollars.

budboy299

budboy299

ML...its weird but my bottle of power clone liquid has an almost minty smell. Kind of like dental floss.

squarepusher

squarepusher

finally got time to crunch the numbers....this is what it works out to.

For a 4 Litre bottle......

.2 grams of Thiamine hydrochloride... http://purebulk.com/thiamine-hcl-vit-b1
.02 grams of Indole-3-acetic acid aka IAA.....ebay is your friend
0.820 grams Potassium Nitrate
62.913 grams Ammonium Nitrate
12.633 grams Yara-Calcium Nitrate
21.258 grams Mono-Potassium Phosphate
1.614 grams Potassium Sulphate

I worked out the ratios as well so we can keep the dilution rate to the same as the original bottle.

45-60ml per 4L of water (1 gallon is realistically close) for the first 3-7 days or until roots are initiated.
Once roots have initiated, reduce nutrient strength to 12-15ml per 4L (or gallon)

Hope this helps a few of us diy'ers out there.

i would not use ammonium nitrate in your nitrogen mix, would simply remove it from hydro buddy

budboy299

budboy299

Hiya Squarepusher,

normally I would not use it, but I wanted an exact copy and wanted to use the exact same ingredients as listed on the bottle, or at least as close as I could.

Oh and I have some on hand as well. :)

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
ML...its weird but my bottle of power clone liquid has an almost minty smell. Kind of like dental floss.

HMMM, dutch master makes a cloning solution called A.P.S that smells like mint,
Power cloner smells more like cal mag to me...or iron, some type of metallic odor at any rate.

back to the important stuff.
FJ

audius

audius

i to thought about making some of that myself cuz 20 bucks a bottel is just way,way to much so ,like yall i smelt it,,smelled like cal mag to me so.instead of buying that bottel everytime i cut clones ,try this. .5tsp of gh 3 part per gallon , .
.5 tsp of liquid karma,& . .5 tsp of superthrive, .5 tsp of calmag per gal.
.5 tsp of hombolt roots. i had that stuff just sitting around by the grow room & guess what,,i havent bought another bottel since.i think powerclone sdvertizes rootsin 7 days,,,i get the same thing. give it a try :)

budboy299

budboy299

I honestly think any of these homemade solutions will work just as well.
Powerclone is simply a 1/10th strength bloom solution, but with the addition of vitamin B1 and IAA.

*Audius...you are getting the B1 from superthrive and I would guess that the humboldt roots has some form of a hormone similar to the IAA. So I can definitely see that formula working.

squarepusher

squarepusher

i love this. so why is ammonium nitrate so shady?

well ammonium doesn't really work (well) in hydroponic applications. I don't understand why they have such a high ratio of ammonium nitrogen, also it explodes i think so its not really practical to buy in bulk.

The only reason I can think of is to save money that it costs less :evilgrin0040:

GhostFace

GhostFace

$3 clone powder & then just water my mums with pureblendpro bloom gives me busting roots in 4-8 days every time.. alot of these products are BS and are aimed at taking your money ;) nothing more

O

organicfreak

Hi friend I posted this RECIPE back in diy nute forum and this is what I'm using instead of clonex solution (not the gel for dipping clones)

2 oz. of organic aloe vera juice (aka gel or extract - talk about disorganized!)
1/2 oz. of fulvic acid
3/4 tsp. of powdered seaweed extract

These are the amounts for 1 gallon of water.

This is from a guy who is an orgaic geniuss imho
and this a copy of what I asked him about this recipe and then his response

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicfreak
hi friend
yea I use root riot cubes
i dip clone in clonex rooting gel and keep under a dome and on top of a heating pad 80 degrees roughly..
HAVE EXCELLENT RESULTS THOUGH... 80 - 90% succes rate in 10 -14 days...

My concern is how expensive the clonex solution that you feed with is..(not the dip)
I'm a diy nute guy and make everything myself,or buy in bulk and mix my own like kelp and fulvic and myco's...

clonex usage is like 40ml gal olivas 60ml gal WAY TO EXPENSIVE. for base nutes Imho

I usually feed every 48 hrs by dipping root cubes in clonex solution 300ppms 1/4 tsp b1(I bought powder form of thyamin fucking pills are a bitch to crush) and a 1/2tsp of my mix which is humic,fulvic,aminos acids,kelp and endo, excto, bacteria, tricherma

was thinking of using ur mix plus b1 every 48 hrs for a dip then I pull them out,so there not sitting in it SEEMS TO WORK NICELY..

Whats your opion friend?

thanks
o

OrganicFreak

The aloe vera, silica, fulvic acid (or humic acid), seaweed/kelp, etc. can (and probably should) replace the Clonex Clone Solution.

Here's what the Clonex product contains according to the label:

Total Nigrogen (N) - 1%
0.05% - Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.95% Nitrate Nitrogen
1% Soluble Potash (K2O)

Derived from calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, phosphoric acid, potassium sulfate and ammonium nitrate.

Pretty cheap and mediocre ingredients, IMHO. It should cost about $5.00 per quart/liter. If that.

Here's what you're getting in the mix that Stankie referenced which costs very little and has far more uses than simply moving the rooted cutting to full root development.

Aloe Vera - Salicylic acid (this is the same compound found in Willow shoots which has been used as a rooting compound for at least 100 years), 73 elements including Phosphorus, Potassium, Nitrogen, etc.

Seaweed/Kelp - Besides the full and total macro and micro nutrient profile in seaweed/kelp you also have Indolyl-Acetic Acid (IAA) which is found in many/most rooting products. You also have the full Vitamin B complex in kelp as well as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, auxins (plant hormontes) and all of the other things that you're aware of which is why you're using this amendment in the first place.

Silica - prevents anaerobic fungi from causing problems at all stages of a plant's development.

Fulvic/Humic Acid - 'nuff said.

So here's how I use the root cubes like you're using (BTW - all of these type of products come from a single factory in Springfield, Oregon. They're made from by-products from the timber/wood industry so buy price).

Take your cuttings and place them in this solution and they can sit for as long as you need.

Since you've been using the root cubes you know what the hydration level should be. Take the cubes and soak them in the mixture for 15 minutes or so. Then squeeze out enough of the solution to return to your preferred hydration level.

Take some of the Clonex Rooting Gel (about 1 tsp. or so) and add 1/8th tsp. of endomycorrhizal powder. Mix well.

This will inoculate the roots as soon as they start to develop. It will not make the cuttings root faster. It will not increase root mass. It will not save 3rd World Countries. What it will do is take care of the inoculation process as early as possible and also saves you big money vs. using processes which use far more powder with little to show for it.

Do your process with one exception. Take the solution and put it into a condiment bottle (like the plastic ketchup or mustard ones) and use that to water the cubes as needed. Between the rooting compounds in the aloe vera and seaweed you have the full range of rooting compounds used in horticulture, i.e. IAA, IBA, NAA and Salicylic acid.

This mix is also good for general plant maintenance during veg and flower. I apply it 1x per week to the soil and 1x as a foliar spray.

One thing you should consider about this mix - after mixing you must refrigerate it because of the Benzoic acid it contains from the aloe vera. It will ferment (easily) which can cause problems for you.

HTH

LD

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

sweet ass thread, good info, subbed for the finale:)

O

organicfreak

power clone smells like cal mag to me = lol

it's not you friend .. Its 1 of them scaming nute companies BONTANICARE.. THEY PUT THAT EXACT SMELL in all there nutes..

Seems they all have a gimik lol bet it a good 1 too..
Some kind of magical kelp that cleans your buds as they sleep,and no1 but them has this "magical kelp"
So you better buy there product or you WILL FAIL AS A GARDNER...

Hows that?
sound about right?

ohoh and I almost forgot the pictures lol silica blast makes everything so crystaly and juicy just look @ the pic on your bottle..haha

Just found an old bottle lable its of a dry dessert floor with cracks going through it...
Damn it you dumb gardeners this is for droughts..hahahaha:banana1sv6:

Top Bottom