Durban Poison seed stalling issues

• Thread starter Kootenay.kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Does anyone have experience with the Durban Poison seeds? Im having a really odd problem

I purchased the seeds out east in canada shipped to the door I set about getting them ready and along with the other strains I purchased started them only one Durban poison actually grew the rest popped the root grew a few mm and stopped they never moved any further. Ok I screwed up ? was my thought so I did a few more nothing same deal I contacted the supplier they sent out more I tried them same thing.

I followed the info provided to a t on the second round I tried peat pucks, I tried soilless, I tried paper towel a seed or two in each medium same thing on all of them now ALL my other seeds were 100% in my original method (Im not a noob by any means) now because I tried different mediums and the Durban Poison was the only strain that had issues Im sure it was not me not my screw up, but of course the supplier Im pretty sure wonders as were currently at the point they are offering a 3rd batch I REALLY wanted the durban poison but a 3rd try will put me way past when I should be in the ground

Durban poison seed stalling issues

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this issue? they hit this point and thats it nothing further in any medium heat no heat tap water distilled water light no light two different batches same problem other strains no issue in fact the Gorilla #4 was an inch high by day two (freaking stunned me actually)

Id appreciate any thoughts

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Maybe its old seeds, maybe just bad genetics, Im currently growing Nirvana DP (Check My grow diary) if you can get your hands on some of their seeds im sure you wont have issues, I got 100% germination

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like they germed but looks way to wet to me. I would think if they germed something else is going on.

Those are ready to plant and I would put em tap root down at no more than 1/4" deep.

Only way I can describe it is moist not wet... damp I guess. Seeds do much better under just damp conditions while clones can handle a bit more.

Ideal root temps I find to be around 72-74f if you have an IR temp gun set the mat to that. Or air temps of about 80f give thise root temps ime.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I maintain an IBL Durban Poison. No problems germinating. Top dominant. Does have a high ratio of males. Not uncommon to get a 50/50 split.

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Maybe its old seeds, maybe just bad genetics, Im currently growing Nirvana DP (Check My grow diary) if you can get your hands on some of their seeds im sure you wont have issues, I got 100% germination
maybe old stock I ordered and then they sent a second batch as the first failed only one worked but all the other seeds I started same time perfect 100% and the two I ordered different shop 100% the gg #4 the QU blue, the girl scout cookies all great the one I really wanted not so much lol thanks Ill check it out :)

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Looks like they germed but looks way to wet to me. I would think if they germed something else is going on.

Those are ready to plant and I would put em tap root down at no more than 1/4" deep.

Only way I can describe it is moist not wet... damp I guess. Seeds do much better under just damp conditions while clones can handle a bit more.

Ideal root temps I find to be around 72-74f if you have an IR temp gun set the mat to that. Or air temps of about 80f give thise root temps ime.
ya I added more water these are seeds 9 and 10 Ive tried only #2 worked the rest nothing its been a month plus so I figured I had nothing to loose trying something different so I added water and put them on top of my cable box its warm not hot thats the temp I used digital temp controller with remote probe

The issue is that they ALL reach that point they pop a root and then stall nothing at all weeks later no breaking the soil at all after a month plus I looked the seeds had not grown at all since popping. the GG #4 was an inch tall in two days the girl scout and qu blue a few days every one of the durban save one stalled after they cracked.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

ya I added more water these are seeds 9 and 10 Ive tried only #2 worked the rest nothing its been a month plus so I figured I had nothing to loose trying something different so I added water and put them on top of my cable box its warm not hot thats the temp I used digital temp controller with remote probe

The issue is that they ALL reach that point they pop a root and then stall nothing at all weeks later no breaking the soil at all after a month plus I looked the seeds had not grown at all since popping. the GG #4 was an inch tall in two days the girl scout and qu blue a few days every one of the durban save one stalled after they cracked.
Source of the seeds?

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Does anyone have experience with the Durban Poison seeds? Im having a really odd problem

I purchased the seeds out east in canada shipped to the door I set about getting them ready and along with the other strains I purchased started them only one Durban poison actually grew the rest popped the root grew a few mm and stopped they never moved any further. Ok I screwed up ? was my thought so I did a few more nothing same deal I contacted the supplier they sent out more I tried them same thing.

I followed the info provided to a t on the second round I tried peat pucks, I tried soilless, I tried paper towel a seed or two in each medium same thing on all of them now ALL my other seeds were 100% in my original method (Im not a noob by any means) now because I tried different mediums and the Durban Poison was the only strain that had issues Im sure it was not me not my screw up, but of course the supplier Im pretty sure wonders as were currently at the point they are offering a 3rd batch I REALLY wanted the durban poison but a 3rd try will put me way past when I should be in the ground

View attachment 1114082

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this issue? they hit this point and thats it nothing further in any medium heat no heat tap water distilled water light no light two different batches same problem other strains no issue in fact the Gorilla #4 was an inch high by day two (freaking stunned me actually)

Update

seriously right after I posted this I checked them one seed thats been in a jiffy for a few weeks broke the surface. IId put them in a ziplock in a tray with a CM of water in the bottom they were in jiffy 7s after 2 days one showed signes of life and by all rights it should not have it was really warm in water soaking wet and in a bag lol wtf?
Source of the seeds?

A business out of Montreal they were really good about sending replacements but on the 3rd time Im not sure I want them and time to start and put outside at a decent height is fast passing. I did get the sense they thought I was an idiot in the last email though the guy seemed to think it was a good idea to tell me how seeds have changed in the past decade like it was this leap and boud of biological advancement lol no you found a way to feminize seeds you did not rewrite its genetic code to completely change them its still marijuana and thus the old rules still apply lol. he was just trying to make it seem like I was the reason the seeds didnt grow which Id accept if every other seed I purchased did not have 100% success and it was multiple strains causing me problems from multiple suppliers. But one strain from one supplier twice thats not on me lol

the plant on the left was planted at least 2-3 weeks after the one on the left the one on the left popped up yesterday

I hope pictures are ok here if not Ill remove it

20210417 133910
DurbaNXOutlaW

DurbaNXOutlaW

View attachment 1114082

I am dealing with this now! Same damn problem. And I noticed that at the 4 week mark the stunted ones started getting mini yellow spotting

DurbaNXOutlaW

DurbaNXOutlaW

I am dealing with this now! Same damn problem. And I noticed that at the 4 week mark the stunted ones started getting mini yellow spotting
I moved them out of my grow room and planted them outside away from my more beautiful healthy ones

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Ask Pushrod Monkey for his seeds he says he's had the same strain for decades inbreds, is what you want.
That said its possible some seeds have a pathogen on the shell, a fungas or mold or virus. They pop but die soon after. I bought some Eliminator for a bud mold problem I had trying to keep it from happening again. I'm going to look into wetting the seeds with it and maybe it will clean them up. Its made from citric acid so pretty safe stuff.

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Ask Pushrod Monkey for his seeds he says he's had the same strain for decades inbreds, is what you want.
That said its possible some seeds have a pathogen on the shell, a fungas or mold or virus. They pop but die soon after. I bought some Eliminator for a bud mold problem I had trying to keep it from happening again. I'm going to look into wetting the seeds with it and maybe it will clean them up. Its made from citric acid so pretty safe stuff.
I ended up getting success but only after I ditched all the suggestions from the seed companies and went right back to the first methods I used starting out lol soak then paper towel etc

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

I moved them out of my grow room and planted them outside away from my more beautiful healthy ones
Try using a lil peroxide 3% mixed with ro water when you soak your seeds ..once you notice its starting to crack sprinkle a lil sugar on them leave for about an hr or so and rinse them off keep them wet until the tails get a desired length to plant but make sure to rinse cracked seedlings a cpl times a day to keep it from getting mold

20220502 163648
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Seeds can get very tricky i have seen tons of variation in seeds i use peroxide from start to finish i even use as spray to use on top soil for gnat prevention

20220502 163938
20220502 163924
20220502 163858
20220502 163828
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Just heard the last Durban I sent out all popped fast no problem. Fresh seeds is the problem I think most of the time with “stalling” or failure to germinate when sowed directly in medium. I don’t get complaints about germination.

growsince79

growsince79

Just heard the last Durban I sent out all popped fast no problem. Fresh seeds is the problem I think most of the time with “stalling” or failure to germinate when sowed directly in medium. I don’t get complaints about germination.
+1 on the fresh seeds stalling

Latest posts

Top Bottom