during flowering fan leaves going yellow then dead?

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKuShSAL

so i read its normal for fan leaves to die off crisp up during flowering.... as long as the leaves around the forming nugs look good.... any one that can comment....

J

John Smith Esq.

Hey,
Yes and no, the nutrients used for flowering are very low in N(nitrogen) as the plant uses alot more P(phospherous) and K(potassium) during flowering. Plants store N in their leaves so during flowering they start to use up their reserves and eventually the yellowing will start to occure once they dont have enough to meet their needs, it will start in the largest and oldest leaves first and then if left the yellowing will migrate to the newer growth at the top of the plant.

The reason i say yes And no is its a delicate balance, a nitrogen deficiency is detrimental to the plant generally but if you are in the final weeks of flowering this is less important than say the quality/smokability of the buds, and although the two are related lots of excess nitrogen in the plant (and therefore in the buds) will make for a harsher smoke which is one of the reasons why we flush in the first place. so yes its to be expected and possibly even desireble at a certain point but personally i try not to let it happen before i start flushing so the plant has everything it needs to make buds for as long as possible. As always this can vary from strain to strain.

Peace.

P.s on a side note, this can also happen to lower leaves that dont get enough light at ANY stage of the plants life and other deficiencies can mascarade as a late cycle N deficiency. N def's will be a gradual and uniform yellowing and usually start from the bottom and travel up the plant. Hope this helps.

M

mcattak

-Another thread...

-Could be the powdery mildew, spider mites or the chemicals you sprayed on the plants for the spider mites..

-Normally you want your leaves to start to yellow as they mature and die...

-If you take some time to read other threads you will find great info on all of these issues..

MC

O

OGKuShSAL

thanks for the info and who cares how many threads there are man sorry im not thc farmer inclined

Latest posts

Top Bottom