dutch masters + coco =do i need cal mag ?

• Thread starter treetree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

treetree

So i saw this add in urban gardener that said no more cal/mag deff ever with some dutch master products ..i use liquid light and penterater / the gold line ive been add cal/mag up on tell i saw this add ...what are your thoughts on this people ????

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

they say no over and over

for me it comes down to the strain

most ur sativas wont need any more, but ur og's will love every bit of it

S

Seed Buyer

Way to many people use Cal/Mag as a crutch and throw it into their mix "just in case". However, excess Ca & Mg can lock out other elements. With that being said I would hold off unless you are seeing a Ca or Mg deficiency. As long as you are not underfeeding and are maintaining a proper pH level the Gold line has ample Ca & Mg.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i just finished mixed strain run with dm in coco. the grow part A has 5% calcium, which is already more than calmag. never added calmag and never needed to. don't know about ogs because the diablo cuts i ran turned out to be some kind of bubba cross.

my flower part b's had salt sitting at the bottom of all the bottles. one of the ingredients was magnesium sulfate (epsom) and i'm pretty sure thats what it was. so the only problems i had was with mag in late flower, which i blame on poor shipping practices.

with dm in coco, make sure to flush every three days like clockwork. i got great results running it hot but the salt will build up super fast. i think i maxed out at 1450 and after a couple days my runoff was like 1700. grows super clean with levels that would fry with other nutes, but they will not recover if you forget a flush or go light on the runoff.

Top Bottom