Dutch passion fem seeds turn hermie

• Thread starter steveedg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xchaoticmetalx

Def not a fan of fem seeds anymore. I gave them many chances and just seem to get better results from reg seeds.

CannaSeur

CannaSeur

I think growing femmed strains are very finicky to grow since it is not natural to begin with. They also say including Jason king that femmed plants do not have the same quality in taste than regular beans as well. I persoanlly haven't noticed this as I have not grown any regular strains of the same strains I've grown. I would suggest to lower your temps,check for light leaks. On the blue berry thing hererrissh is right, blueberry is pretty much a mutant plant. I haven't had problems with any GHS fems yet either.

British hempire, you really think there is no trainwreck in the GHS? I'm growing it right now and I was wondering the same thing. Does the trainwreck have the giant calyxes as well?

I also now agree with the other guys saying regular seeds are better but there are exceptions though like strains that are clone only turned to seed form like Sour P.

N

Norwalkin

:rasta: Hey Now! :icon_cookie:

I just had to jump in here as I am still cleaning a few seeds from the last hash run. :fubar

Dutch passion shaman hermied on me last season .... pollinated everything a lil some alot .... appeared to be brought on by heat stress in mid-flower ..... Live and learn right! :sad0123:

I have alot of interesting crosses just curious how many will have the hermie trait? :banana:

Hows BB cheese x Shaman or Black Domina x shaman... sound :mad0233: lol ... Jack herrer x shaman ??? worth a grow:cool0041:

Keep On Growin' :weed-sign:

steveedg

steveedg

i've now binned off the 5 brainstorm as i didn't want to risk contaminating the other plants....the SSH and power skunk have also been removed from the room so that leaves the 1 london high and the gumtree hopefully these are as good as bity reckons so i'll be running them for a while now

B

blue

To be fair if you by fem beans you can not moan if they herm they are an affront to nature. But not all breeders beans herm so easy Paradise have a good rep for no herms.

Also DP range is limited but I wouldnt say it is crap.. some of thier gear is worth a look.
As they say one mans mince is another mans steak.....

K

koopa

I would never recommend DP gear. Too many bad encounters with their beans.

C

coldnorth

my first grow was dp blueberry fem, got a 5 pack, 1 never sprouted and 4 females, had all diff phenos! but good smoke all of em! hehe must be luck, but think you will enjoy the beans from bitty, grew them out aswell not to long ago! ended up with 4 females 3 diff phenos! the fruity of em is the one to look for in my opinion! feed em alot mate :ninja

Cn

whodair

whodair

i bought dp oasis reg, but was shipped fem accidentally. it hermed a load. the retailer jim at dope-seeds sent me a free g13xhaze. im so glad the dp freaked, the g13 is a keeper in the end.

rez chemdd pushes male nanners through the buds at the very end of flower, and theyre not femmed. ive heard they are inert or too late to pollenate. no seeds as of yet.

B

blue

I have never had a normal seed herm from them???

Oasis
Orange bud
Euforia
Skunk 11
Master kush
blueberry
blue moonshine

but A lot of growers say they herm on them so I guess its just pot luck...

get it pot luck.. i'll get my coat

steveedg

steveedg

my first grow was dp blueberry fem, got a 5 pack, 1 never sprouted and 4 females, had all diff phenos! but good smoke all of em! hehe must be luck, but think you will enjoy the beans from bitty, grew them out aswell not to long ago! ended up with 4 females 3 diff phenos! the fruity of em is the one to look for in my opinion! feed em alot mate :ninja

Cn

hey coldnorth which have u grew from bitty as i have just put some more of his gear in to germ i'll now be growing

9 x gumtree
5 x london high
5 x venom

just after as much info as poss

T

tenacious

Supporter
i was going to ordersome DP auto-flower tiagra & tundra, they only offer femished. from what i read, i'm thinking not. i was going to order their regular passion#1 seed b/c i have had success in the past w/it, but that was 10 years ago. have things changed????

steveedg

steveedg

i was going to ordersome DP auto-flower tiagra & tundra, they only offer femished. from what i read, i'm thinking not. i was going to order their regular passion#1 seed b/c i have had success in the past w/it, but that was 10 years ago. have things changed????

from the sounds of it the normal seed range seems ok it's their feminised seeds which are unstable but personally i will be ordering my next lot of seeds from the farm :character0103:

B

British_Hempire

Hey Steve, the Gumtree, isn't that an old UK strain by Sunshine Seeds?

T

tenacious

Supporter
i've decided to do buisness w/ "DNA."
i usually opt for less expensive seed for my outdoor grows. atleast 1/2 my plants outside will be culled for a variety of reasons[before sexing]. so i start 2-3x what i want to end up w/. this season i'd like to end-up w/ 20 ladies, so i need to have 40-50 plants when they show sex.
to wind-up w/ 40-50 plants at sexing, i need to start about 120 seeds. when i start 120 seeds, i'll only actually transplant the best 90-100. w/seed prices the way they are, i'd need to spend $1.5-3k; for 120 top quality beans.

steveedg

steveedg

gumtree

Hey Steve, the Gumtree, isn't that an old UK strain by Sunshine Seeds?

hi BH i got the gumtree from bity along with some london high , zomby and venom all he told me was it was yet untested but its crossed with fruit pastel and i forgot the other lol. should be an interesting grow anyway i'll do a diary if enough people want me to

C

coldnorth

share the fun steveedg, i grew out london high last time, dropping some zombie aswell to morrow, the londons was some nice fruity weed for sure. look forward to the zombies aswell :)

Top Bottom