Dutch passion & feminized seeds

• Thread starter shadrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shadrack

Anyone had any experiences with dutch passion fem seeds - been reading a few conflicting threads regarding fem seeds from dutch passion turning hermi. Growing DP fem blueberry now.
would be interested to hear / see some personal experiences / thoughts
Mine currently looking good no mutations etc - not yet turned them over.

O

Otto

If the plant that comes out tha seed is dope then its dope if its hermi then its hermi. Alot a peole say alot of shit without experiance or understanding of what there talking about on boards. Growing the seed to maturity is your onlky sure bet of knowin what is what, If your plants look groovy then your shit is groovin main. keep on keepin on an shit .

-Otto

X

xchaoticmetalx

I think its all in the stability of each strain. I grew out Orange Bud from Dutch Passion (fem) and I have a pheno I am in love with that has never hermed, and another pheno that herms like crazy. I kept the one with the better bud/non hermy and have an ass kickin keeper. But if I had got only the other pheno, I woulda been pissed lol. Thats the benefit of growing out seeds, taking cuttings, then keeping your fav for a mom in the end.

S

shadrack

thanks for your comments peeps, keep em coming appreciate them all
otto - i have read a lot of treads on forums and i agree a lot of people do seem to comment without experience, but there is also a lot of peeps out there with experience and information that i would like to hear about. i have read a lot of good about dutch passion - the grow im currently doing is my first. After reading for weeks i decided to buy the more expensive and poss harder strains to grow ( DP BB fem). I must say the DP BB seeds are growing much stronger than two other free seeds i threw in at the same time, DP BB germinated in 24 hours and came through pellets with another 24hrs.
I will be giving honest account of my DP BB fem grow

Xchaotic - thanks for your comments man, had a look at your thread looks great, hope my Blueberry look as nice. at the mo can only do from seed no other veg room for mother - hoping to get to that stage within a few grows.

thanks to you all

X

xchaoticmetalx

thanks for your comments peeps, keep em coming appreciate them all
otto - i have read a lot of treads on forums and i agree a lot of people do seem to comment without experience, but there is also a lot of peeps out there with experience and information that i would like to hear about. i have read a lot of good about dutch passion - the grow im currently doing is my first. After reading for weeks i decided to buy the more expensive and poss harder strains to grow ( DP BB fem). I must say the DP BB seeds are growing much stronger than two other free seeds i threw in at the same time, DP BB germinated in 24 hours and came through pellets with another 24hrs.
I will be giving honest account of my DP BB fem grow

Xchaotic - thanks for your comments man, had a look at your thread looks great, hope my Blueberry look as nice. at the mo can only do from seed no other veg room for mother - hoping to get to that stage within a few grows.

thanks to you all
If you take a couple clones from each plant and keep 1 rooted clone of each. you can keep them under 6" until ya decide what one will be a mom. Then just make a bonsai mother in a shallow pot that can be kept no larger than 1' tall at all times. Mothers dont need to be big. 2 x 30 watt CFL's can keep a mother plant goin fine. Ya dont really need a devoted veg area for 1 or 2 moms. Ill explain more if ya are interested.

S

shadrack

If you take a couple clones from each plant and keep 1 rooted clone of each. you can keep them under 6" until ya decide what one will be a mom. Then just make a bonsai mother in a shallow pot that can be kept no larger than 1' tall at all times. Mothers dont need to be big. 2 x 30 watt CFL's can keep a mother plant goin fine. Ya dont really need a devoted veg area for 1 or 2 moms. Ill explain more if ya are interested.

xchaotic would deff like to explain more sounds great - pm me if you prefer

X

xchaoticmetalx

xchaotic would deff like to explain more sounds great - pm me if you prefer

Well, before I got into growing Cannabis, I was very much interested in Bonsai. Most people don't know this but Bonsai is just the miniaturization of any tree or plant that isn't seasonal. Keeping a mother plant in a fairly small pot(1 gallon or less) can provide more than enough cuttings for a persons personal needs. An mother plant doesn't need a huge root structure since it isnt meant to go into 12-12. A nice large root system is what we want for big time yield, but not just a healthy plant in veg. I prune my mother plants about once a week to keep them the same size, and since the purpose is to have a perpetual grow, when I am a few weeks away from needing clones, I stop pruning. This lets all the tips I have been pruning back grow into a shit ton of clones to take.Once I get all the clones I need, i prune back to a small bush again. It works great and ya only need to transplant every few years into a pot thats just a tiny bit bigger. Ill post some pics of some mothers that are over a year old. The 2 larger plants are about a 12" tall. Those are my sativa dom Orange Bud plants, over a year old. The rest are Trainwreck and White Rhino mothers that are like 2 months old and only 6".

DSC03128
DSC04431
DSC04433
R

rome

i grew dutch passions durban poison ., which did hermi., but i will add that it was my first grow and my setup was by no means dialed in., light leeks etc,. so it was probabily my own fault,. it was still an excellent smoke ., and i got a load of seeds from it.
But if u do find a few nanas dont stress just pluck em off ., its not the end of the world., the only reason u would need to worry about it if you were planning on making seeds to sell and want to have stable phenos., maby sum will dissaggree
just my 2 cents!
god luck with the blueberry

C

chuck uuuuu

:character0025:
If the plant that comes out tha seed is dope then its dope if its hermi then its hermi. Alot a peole say alot of shit without experiance or understanding of what there talking about on boards. Growing the seed to maturity is your onlky sure bet of knowin what is what, If your plants look groovy then your shit is groovin main. keep on keepin on an shit .:anim_19:

-Otto
Right on, MAN!!!:party0033:

C

chuck uuuuu

Anyone had any experiences with dutch passion fem seeds - been reading a few conflicting threads regarding fem seeds from dutch passion turning hermi. Growing DP fem blueberry now.
would be interested to hear / see some personal experiences / thoughts
Mine currently looking good no mutations etc - not yet turned them over.

:character0025::character0025::character0025:
I have been growing 3 strains from seed.
Dutch Passion... Skywalker, the ultimate, Snowbud.
About 2 mo. now

C

chuck uuuuu

:character0025::character0025::character0025:
I have been growing 3 strains from seed.
Dutch Passion... Skywalker, the ultimate, Snowbud.
About 2 mo. now
IV HAD 2 THROw out 2 plants so far grown from seed maybe more 2 come??:character0053::character0053:

Lunapic 126612927177798
Lunapic 126602073679103 0
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
grew out the feminized orange bud from DP. mad producer with FAT ASS colas on it, but it did slightly herm. just enough to were it pollinated itself and when i went through the 52 grams i got off the one i ran i found like 6 fully matured beans. just throwing my experience out there, you might have different results....

Reactions: Tbc
L

LBZ Farmer

When I saw this thread I checked my Dutch passion Bluebery... Damn if it wasn't HERMI... AHHHHHHH!

Cut it down and started drying it. I only had a couple more weeks... WHY. Well Last I buy from them. Sad because it smelled so good and was sticky and a little frosty. Oh well.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I think DJ Short supplied DP with their Blueberry like ten or more years back. Pretty sure they have the Blue Moonshine too. Anyway It did hermie but so did my original DJ blueberry.

i want to know if they still hold the old Blue Blueberry and blue moonshine. I will pick up some moonshine if it's the real old one.

C

chuck uuuuu

IV HAD 2 THROw out 2 plants so far grown from seed maybe more 2 come??:character0053::character0053:

I think so? Is DP just getting to GREEDY? I think I will try kiwiseeds.
They sound like there DUTCH!:bong-hits:

Lunapic 126646354252669 1
C

chuck uuuuu

:evilgrin0031:
I think so? Is DP just getting to GREEDY? I think I will try kiwiseeds.
They sound like there DUTCH!:bong-hits:
D.P. Seeds SUCK!! Customer service is like non-existence! u can just see and tell they are just in it 4 your cash and audios! My next investments will be with kiwiseeds.com (Best Genetics, I hear) But the way I've seen and experienced Dutch Passion seeds, avoid them at all cost if u can!

S

SSHZ

I grew D.P. for years in the 90's and other then Hempstar, I was never really happy with their feminized seeds. The plants were very picky, and constantly had nute and hermy issues........

C

chuck uuuuu

I grew D.P. for years in the 90's and other then Hempstar, I was never really happy with their feminized seeds. The plants were very picky, and constantly had nute and hermy issues........
i cant agree with u any more! D.P. seeds waste ur time. AVOID!!!:confused0059:

Top Bottom