Dwarf plants, and I don't know why

• Thread starter HunterBrandon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

I see there's a thread called "Show off you dwarf bushy short stature plants". I might inadvertently be the champ over there but that's not what I'm shooting for and have no idea why my plants, specifically seedlings, have started this short no stretch, node on top of node thing. Whaaaat's happening?

Nutes are FloraFlex V1 and V2, a little HydroGuard, ph my RO water down to 5.8-5.9, temps are not the best at 70-71 but it's what I have to work with for now. I run a DWC recirculating system with air. I had my air temps inside my tent too low I was just told, they were around 75, now they are way up 88-92 and the plants are doing better, I had several die at 68. I don't think that has anything to do with this weird growth pattern. If you look at the photo it's not just that it's dwarfed, look at the leaves are all weird like lettuce. The stem is thick enough on these plants to be 24 inches tall yet they're maybe 4 inches. These are completely different strains.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Thank you in advance.

Dwarf plants and i dont know why
Dwarf plants and i dont know why 2
Dwarf plants and i dont know why 3
HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

this is my Acapulco gold at about 2.5 weeks growers choice seeds
View attachment 1186756
That's funny, I also purchased GC -AG seeds and planted both at the same time but I tortured and killed it. Low ambient air temps supposedly they need to be higher with LED's. What you're seeing in the picture is really Skunk OG Bag seed, so it's a mystery seed, but I do have the Barney's Farm AG, I think, or maybe I killed that one too. I can't keep up.

So you're saying this is normal? Your leaves don't look quite like lettuce like some of mine.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I see there's a thread called "Show off you dwarf bushy short stature plants". I might inadvertently be the champ over there but that's not what I'm shooting for and have no idea why my plants, specifically seedlings, have started this short no stretch, node on top of node thing. Whaaaat's happening?

Nutes are FloraFlex V1 and V2, a little HydroGuard, ph my RO water down to 5.8-5.9, temps are not the best at 70-71 but it's what I have to work with for now. I run a DWC recirculating system with air. I had my air temps inside my tent too low I was just told, they were around 75, now they are way up 88-92 and the plants are doing better, I had several die at 68. I don't think that has anything to do with this weird growth pattern. If you look at the photo it's not just that it's dwarfed, look at the leaves are all weird like lettuce. The stem is thick enough on these plants to be 24 inches tall yet they're maybe 4 inches. These are completely different strains.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Thank you in advance.
Yea, it looks like an Indica dom. strain, no doubt about that one.

Sure looks a lot like cold stress to me. Like it's getting lots of N but restricting other nutrients, especially K, I'm thinking.
Potassium and Low-Temperature Stress. Cold stress inhibits plant growth and development, which results in limited crop productivity. ... A significant negative correlation was found between frost damage and leaf K concentration, and an adequate K supply can effectively increase frost resistance

My guess is there were some brown tips present at one time or another also.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That's funny, I also purchased GC -AG seeds and planted both at the same time but I tortured and killed it. Low ambient air temps supposedly they need to be higher with LED's. What you're seeing in the picture is really Skunk OG Bag seed, so it's a mystery seed, but I do have the Barney's Farm AG, I think, or maybe I killed that one too. I can't keep up.

So you're saying this is normal? Your leaves don't look quite like lettuce like some of mine.
no i am not saying anything i thought yours was gold so i was just showing mine

2Bad

2Bad

@HunterBrandon how big is the bucket? how close is your light? you have burnt tips and red stems which could be light stress

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

Thank you 2Bad I think you may be right about the light being too close. I did not know the red stems was a sign so that's the kind of info I'm looking for. Here's a pic, the light is about 11" from the top of the plant which is very close. The plant in the lower right is farther away and does not have the red stems and appears to be doing better. I just shut the other light off for now. Maybe let it rest a day in the ambient light of the tents other two lights. The light over the plant draws 73 watts on my meter, the bigger light over the lower right plant draws 90 watts. There's another 73W over the seedlings that is higher and seems to be fine as well. Maybe 236 watts total is too much?

IMG 4952
IMG 4953
2Bad

2Bad

Thank you 2Bad I think you may be right about the light being too close. I did not know the red stems was a sign so that's the kind of info I'm looking for. Here's a pic, the light is about 11" from the top of the plant which is very close. The plant in the lower right is farther away and does not have the red stems and appears to be doing better. I just shut the other light off for now. Maybe let it rest a day in the ambient light of the tents other two lights. The light over the plant draws 73 watts on my meter, the bigger light over the lower right plant draws 90 watts. There's another 73W over the seedlings that is higher and seems to be fine as well. Maybe 236 watts total is too much?
Yea if you can increase the distance it will help everybodys light is different even with the same watts because of the spectrum I would assume less is more In veg with everything. I would try maybe 24 inches .. if it doesnt help within 3-4days go to 36inches

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

AG in this thread is referring to the strain Acapulco Gold, not the seed company Authentic Genetics, which I just looked up.

FWIW Seed companies I've had great luck with so far,
MSNL
Growers Choice
North Atlantic Seed Co (my favorite)

Favorite Breeder which most banks sell - Barney's Farm

Also, great luck and experience buying seeds here from perfectly friendly strangers.

Top Bottom