Dwc 1000$ Budget Newb.

• Thread starter Destraega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Destraega

Hey guys, I'm a brand new grower still in my research phase but have chosen to go with a Hydroponics DWC system. My spending limit is about 1000 bucks. Would anyone super experienced in DWC be able to put together a amazon list of what I would need for EVERYTHING from germination to flowering for about 4 plants at a time?

If affiliation links are allowed I don't mind using them at all!

G gnome

G gnome

Hey guys, I'm a brand new grower still in my research phase but have chosen to go with a Hydroponics DWC system. My spending limit is about 1000 bucks. Would anyone super experienced in DWC be able to put together a amazon list of what I would need for EVERYTHING from germination to flowering for about 4 plants at a time?

Want us to just go ahead and grow the shit for ya while we're at it? Haha

U sure u wanna jump in to dwc right off the bat? Lotta moving parts w those systems.

D

Destraega

Want us to just go ahead and grow the shit for ya while we're at it? Haha

U sure u wanna jump in to dwc right off the bat? Lotta moving parts w those systems.

Lol, No I think I can figure it out.

Yes I am fairly sure I do, I have done quite a bit of research already and understand how nitpicky the conditions can be. PPM, PH all of that is second nature to me since I work in the water treatment field.

The big thing for me is what is the best bang for my buck as far as equipment and budget goes.

Juicebox

Juicebox

I can say if your any good at diy you could build the bubblers for very cheap...i can make a 5 gal pail dwc for about 40 bucks

fatawa

fatawa

The big thing for me is what is the best bang for my buck as far as equipment and budget goes.
where u at brother?uk or us?i have yur answers for u.s. but u.k. most use led/cob panels cause electric.so idk how to save on electric.lol.i will say in hydro idt you ever truely are done buying things so account for needing things here n there.no way around that.

D

Destraega

where u at brother?uk or us?i have yur answers for u.s. but u.k. most use led/cob panels cause electric.so idk how to save on electric.lol.i will say in hydro idt you ever truely are done buying things so account for needing things here n there.no way around that.

In Alaska. Not too worried about how it'll cost me to run things constantly for 3-4 plants. I have a grow shop right down the road from me as well that can supply nutrients or anything like that if I run out. However I would like to order the bulk of what I need from Amazon, much cheaper.

D

Destraega

best fucking answer ever.lmfao.lol.

For those giving me shit about this post I guess I get it lol. A list like what I am asking is actually quite a bit of work to put together which is why I said feel free to use affiliate links. Perhaps I made a mistake posting in what I assumed to be a good source of professionals that know their shit and are willing to help newbies.

Bottom line is, I'm seriousness enough to start clicking buy buttons and go through the motions of trial and error. :ninja:

fatawa

fatawa

However I would like to order the bulk of what I need from Amazon, much cheaper.
i can dig it...i hav a colder climate too n serves u well when using hid lights.since electric isnt a issue(for me either)id get 1000w hps electronic ballast(u can go smaller but y?)4× 10gal totes,300gal aquarium pump,25ft air line,4× airstones,nutrients(i use techna flora but everybody like differ things)2× 18" fans(rotating)digital timer,digital ph meter,tds meter,do u need a tent?thats on you...ph down solution,net cups(i use 2",again its on u)clay pellets,rockwool or starter plugs,cloner,digital temp/humidity meter,humidifier

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

I always forget bout this cause smell is not an issue for me but u need a carbon filter/fan combo too.or ionizers wrk great if there over rated on sq footage

fatawa

fatawa

I mite of missd a couple things but this will get u growing.im sure others will throw in what i missd.somethings we cant help with because everybodys rm,house,garage starts at differnt temps which require differnt shit.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

So, I think what you need is some help to narrow down, based on your environmental factors and budget, a kind of system that you can put together. I don't think anyone has a list of Amazon parts all in a kit form like you're maybe thinking? But I think that maybe after some discussion you can learn what you need and then do the legwork to find all the parts on Amazon.

After a shit ton of research I put together an 8 x 5.6 gallon RDWC system built entirely from stuff on Amazon - but it wasn't cheap and I don't have a list of what I used. Some I needed, some I changed my mind on - it was an evolving build. I use this for veg and I flower in a different, bigger 6 plant Under Current RDWC. I have moms in coco and clone with the EZ Cloner right to the veg system.

I had a hard time in the beginning with root root and other issues - it definitely was more difficult than I had thought - and I went to school for water treatment engineering. It certainly can be done - but there's a whole lot of legwork to do to learn how to dial it in. It's a super delicate way to grow.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably grow in coco with an Autopot system. Super easy and almost foolproof.

But, if you're determined to do it and are confident in your research - lets start with the basics:

- What space are you growing in - basement, attic, garage? Is it heated, cold cement floors? What's the ceiling hight and what type is it - drywall, bare floor joists, drop ceiling? What is the high/low temp average in that space currently? What are the dimensions?

- are you going to veg and flower in the same system, same room or will they be separate?

- How many plants are you looking to do? If you had unlimited space, your limiting factor with your budget is going to be lighting. So, that's what will ultimately decide your sizing and # of plants - depends on your light.

- Do you have the ability to modify the space if you need to improve the environmental conditions? You'll probably at some point need to control the temperature and humidity and will need to account for good ventilation.

Lets start there as a baseline and that will get you a starting point.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Another very real consideration for DWC/RDWC is - could you tolerate a complete system flood in your space if it happens? It can... If you are growing inside a space in your home, depending on it's location, even 5 gallons spilled can cause MAJOR damage. I had a fitting blow on my RO during the night and didn't realize until the next day and it destroyed my finished basement. In the middle of renovations currently...

G gnome

G gnome

Another very real consideration for DWC/RDWC is - could you tolerate a complete system flood in your space if it happens? It can... If you are growing inside a space in your home, depending on it's location, even 5 gallons spilled can cause MAJOR damage. I had a fitting blow on my RO during the night and didn't realize until the next day and it destroyed my finished basement. In the middle of renovations currently...
What happened to the plant?

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

What happened to the plant?
There were 8 plants in 5 gallon DWC buckets. I had to get a 4 x 8 tent and move everything upstairs. Drywall and carpet were removed from the whole basement and everything sprayed for mold and dried out. I focused first on rebuilding the 10 x 11 flower room so I could get those girls flowering. They're 2 weeks in now, and I'm waiting on the insurance $ to finish the rest of the renovations.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Horry shit!!!! Thats fun

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Yeah, you know... You think that you have your bases covered but most of us don't think through what really COULD happen - because you just are confident that it won't happen to you.

The first week when it happened, obviously I was devastated and just sick over it all. Well, after it's all said and done - I'll get to rebuild it back better than it was before.

Sometimes, things just work themselves out

Latest posts

Top Bottom