Dwc advanced nutrients, need help

• Thread starter NairnM16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

Probably a stupid question but when mixing my nutes,

Do i calculate the mix for the amount of water in the full system?

or do I just mix the the amount in the head bucket

I have 8x36L sites connected to a 36L head bucket

this is the only thing I can’t find an answer for

I’m worried about mixing to the full system and the ppm be way off,

I use advanced nutes in coco and when I follow the bottle the ppm is always way higher than I needso I need to add near 3x the water I started with to get to where I need it

NairnM16

NairnM16

Okay to dumb down my question
I have 8x36l sights so 288L

the bottle says 4ml per L
Am I adding 4x288ml of nutes to the system

or do I just mix my nutes to the size of the head bucket so 4x36L

gristle

gristle

You are growing dwc in coco?
4x288. Total L of water x 4.
Maybe post your ppms and what your using to measure to help us shed some light.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You can make the batch in your system or separate. Let's act like your making it separate for arguments sake. Let's say you need 50 Gallon of nutrients and have a 55gallon spare drum.

Add around 35-40 gallons of water. Then add half the suppliers recommended dose for 50 gallons. Add and mix in correct order. Let's say you want 300ppms to start... You would test the ppms of the 35 Gallons you made. If it's over your desired ppms dilute with water until you meet your ppms. If it's under add more nutrients and water until you reach desired ppm.

NairnM16

NairnM16

I was worries if I mixed for the who’s system and my ppms be to high
Clones are still rooting so I’ve not done a system test for ppms or temps

just trying to wrap my head around the fundamentals of dwc so I don’t run into problems
I’ve got a feed chart but needed to know how much I was mixing for to work out the dosage for the chart calculator

I will do the separate tote mix Nd work out of the chart is accurate if not I’m make changes before I kill the plants with an improper schedule

Ponky

Ponky

If there is nutrients in the water and you're aim is to reach a certain PPM thats a different story. You'll need measuring devices. If you drain all the old water and replace it all when you do a water change the new water is mixed. Topping off is different. A continuous probe is your best bet. Keep an eye on PH, Temp and EC

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Do
Probably a stupid question but when mixing my nutes,

Do i calculate the mix for the amount of water in the full system?

or do I just mix the the amount in the head bucket

I have 8x36L sites connected to a 36L head bucket

this is the only thing I can’t find an answer for

I’m worried about mixing to the full system and the ppm be way off,

I use advanced nutes in coco and when I follow the bottle the ppm is always way higher than I needso I need to add near 3x the water I started with to get to where I need it
Yes for sure.

If your running a Part A&B, then you would add say 10ml per 10liters of H20.
Of course that increases as your plants get larger the bottle tells you exactly what to add.
If your tote holds 20liters then that's 20ml from A&B.
Some nutes are a single bottle and you would add only 1ml per liter, so 20ml of nutes if the tote holds 10liters.

Normally when you mix the right ratio the Ph turns out perfect you never have to adjust the Ph, but it depends on the nutes also.

NairnM16

NairnM16

If there is nutrients in the water and you're aim is to reach a certain PPM thats a different story. You'll need measuring devices. If you drain all the old water and replace it all when you do a water change the new water is mixed. Topping off is different. A continuous probe is your best bet. Keep an eye on PH, Temp and EC
I’m gonna buy the blue lab ppm ph monitor

NairnM16

NairnM16

Would it be smart to mix my nutes for half the volume of my system and top up as needed?

Ponky

Ponky

I’ve got that one already in my basket
Gonna keep that 24/h monitor
If you have to do the water before the measuring stuff gets there you can just drain it all and change all of it. So you can measure the nutirents without worrying about having it too strong.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Okay so my feed chart goes as shown
Calculated off 60% of my system size

thoughts?

A356F7D7 3334 4ADF 99D8 61FF8FBA4EAA
2495AFB8 642C 4B38 A09A 41DE62F19EF6
90C8A301 1F7D 468D 9519 CAE0B0B48D52
Ponky

Ponky

Okay so my feed chart goes as shown
Calculated off 60% of my system size

thoughts?
Well that's an expensive regiment. So if it yields well its a win. But I've had my best results using no supplements. And apparently 15 days of Flushing in R/O water is the secret to frosty potent dank. So I don't know what to think when it comes to DWC programs. I'm on the fence. I have to do a 3 part with a 15 day flush. A 1 part. And then do the supplement route. Because of this new 15 days of R/O thing I read about.

Top Bottom