Dwc And Rdwc Cleaning Bucket Schedule?

• Thread starter Trudope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trudope

I'm running a DWC system at the moment and would like to soon move up to an RDWC. However, I'm confused as to how people clean their buckets when they are in RDWC. Currently, every two weeks, I'll remove the plant from the bucket and give it a wipe down with soap before refilling it with nutes and replanting. When I read about RDWC builds, it seems that people only clean the reservoir, which means that the buckets the plants sit in are never cleaned.

Does that mean its not necessary to clean each individual bucket for DWC? How do people go about this when the plant is Scrogged?

Thanks in advanced.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm running a DWC system at the moment and would like to soon move up to an RDWC. However, I'm confused as to how people clean their buckets when they are in RDWC. Currently, every two weeks, I'll remove the plant from the bucket and give it a wipe down with soap before refilling it with nutes and replanting. When I read about RDWC builds, it seems that people only clean the reservoir, which means that the buckets the plants sit in are never cleaned.

Does that mean its not necessary to clean each individual bucket for DWC? How do people go about this when the plant is Scrogged?

Thanks in advanced.
we keep the water in the UC cleaner than a mountain spring... We dont let no bacteria in there, unless in beneficial bacteria... Its not needed to clean every bucket during grow.. Just between every run.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

In the dwc what are you guys using to clean your buckets?

Hazed420

Hazed420

I just use water and a clean white rag or towel to get all the excess junk out of the bucket. I dont use any h202 till the end of my run. But just for weekly maintenance ro water and elbow grease. People might use h202 every cleaning but i dont think its necessary. As long as you add in your beneficials like hydroguard or orca liquid. They keep your roots white and beneficial bacterias in your roots. Both great products in my eyes. I also want to run rdwc but dont have the space to run a big unit in a tent. I need a more wide open space.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I just use water and a clean white rag or towel to get all the excess junk out of the bucket. I dont use any h202 till the end of my run. But just for weekly maintenance ro water and elbow grease. People might use h202 every cleaning but i dont think its necessary. As long as you add in your beneficials like hydroguard or orca liquid. They keep your roots white and beneficial bacterias in your roots. Both great products in my eyes. I also want to run rdwc but dont have the space to run a big unit in a tent. I need a more wide open space.
Thanks I've just taking off but when I change my res I made a second bucket to make it and just transfer buckets in my tent in this a good idea since the netpod would always be in the nute water....

Hazed420

Hazed420

Yes i would leave a second bucket by your side with ph ro water and let the roots drench while you change your nutes. Also turn down your lights if possible if you have a adjuster for your spectrum kind of helps with such shock while changing your water res. Because when you transfer your water its usually not the same temp as what your plant is already laying in. So you want to minimalize the root shock. At least thats how i do my water changes.

Top Bottom